Topics

19.03 windows update and launching NVDA automatically after logging in

Akshaya Choudhary

Hello guys, I have just installed 19.03 windows 10 update and it automatically launches NVDA after I log in. I have unchecked the relevant option in the NVDA welcome dialogue box, but NVDA is still launching automatically. Can anyone help? 

--
Regards,
Sociohack

Robert Doc Wright godfearer

Press insert+control+g to open general options and you turn it off there. After setting it the way you like enter on ok and then press

Insert+control+c to save the configuration.then press insert+q to turn off NVDA.

If all I have left in this world is God, I have everything!                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, August 8, 2019 2:43 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] 19.03 windows update and launching NVDA automatically after logging in

Hello guys, I have just installed 19.03 windows 10 update and it automatically launches NVDA after I log in. I have unchecked the relevant option in the NVDA welcome dialogue box, but NVDA is still launching automatically. Can anyone help? 

--
Regards,
Sociohack

Luke Davis

Do you have NVDA set to run on secure screens? If so, there is a known bug that may be fixed next year some time, whereby whatever screen reader runs on the logon screen, will also run in all user accounts, whether you want it or not.
This is a Microsoft thing, and while we could probably develop an NVDA specific workaround, it would be a major cluge.

If that is your issue, you can find more information and chime in, on:

https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/9528

Luke

On Thu, 8 Aug 2019, Akshaya Choudhary wrote:

Hello guys, I have just installed 19.03 windows 10 update and it automatically launches NVDA after I log in. I have unchecked the relevant option in the
NVDA welcome dialogue box, but NVDA is still launching automatically. Can anyone help? 
--
Regards,
Sociohack

Akshaya Choudhary

Thank you, Luke and Robert. I have unchecked the setting for running NVDA on secure screens. The issue is fixed now. 
--
Regards,
Sociohack

h.c.cummins@...

Hi everyone, NVDA 2019.2 also does this. It doesn’t worry me much as that’s what I usually want. But I have to quit if I want another screen reader. I thought it was a W10 thing. Best wishes, Helen C 

On Fri, 9 Aug 2019 at 6:43 am, Akshaya Choudhary <acsociopath@...> wrote:

--
Regards,
Sociohack

--
Helen Cummins
h.c.cummins@...
Treasurer, SI Bayside
Helen on gmail

Hi everyone,

This is a known issue and Microsoft is indeed aware of this:

https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues/9528

Cheers,

Joseph

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Helen Cummins
Sent: Friday, August 9, 2019 12:31 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] 19.03 windows update and launching NVDA automatically after logging in

Hi everyone, NVDA 2019.2 also does this. It doesn’t worry me much as that’s what I usually want. But I have to quit if I want another screen reader. I thought it was a W10 thing. Best wishes, Helen C 

On Fri, 9 Aug 2019 at 6:43 am, Akshaya Choudhary <acsociopath@...> wrote:

--
Regards,
Sociohack

--

Helen Cummins
h.c.cummins@...
Treasurer, SI Bayside
Helen on gmail