how to use bluetooth

anthony borg

Hi folks
Can somebody please explain to me how to transfer an mp3 from a laptop to a
mobile phone via bluetooth?
Thanks in advance
Anthony

Sarah k Alawami

This is off topic for this list. The list if you read the headers is to discussed nvda not computers in general. I have a list for that although I'm the only member for now, visit tffppodcast.com/groups for more info. There you will find all the groups and sub groups that you can be a part of.

Take care and hope that helps a bit.

On May 24, 2018, at 7:12 AM, anthony borg <anthonyborg001@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi folks
Can somebody please explain to me how to transfer an mp3 from a laptop to a
mobile phone via bluetooth?
Thanks in advance
Anthony

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Anthony,

This question would be more appropriate for a list like the windows 10 list. This list is for NVDA.

Rosemarie

On 5/24/2018 7:12 AM, anthony borg wrote:
Hi folks
Can somebody please explain to me how to transfer an mp3 from a laptop to a
mobile phone via bluetooth?
Thanks in advance
Anthony

anthony borg

Ok thanks rosemarie.

This question would be more appropriate for a list like the windows 10 list. This list is for NVDA.

Rosemarie

On 5/24/2018 7:12 AM, anthony borg wrote:
Hi folks
Can somebody please explain to me how to transfer an mp3 from a laptop to a
mobile phone via bluetooth?
Thanks in advance
Anthony

anthony borg

Ok thanks for your info.

wrote:

Hi folks
Can somebody please explain to me how to transfer an mp3 from a laptop
to a mobile phone via bluetooth?
Thanks in advance
Anthony

Gene

Please stop telling people what messages are appropriate.  the list allows a certain amount of off topic traffic and has since I've been a member for years.  List owners and moderators on lists in general don't want members who aren't moderators, sending moderation messages to the list.  It isn't specific to this list, but a general expectation.  If you want to suggest that the person might get better answers on another list, that's one thing.  But discussing appropriateness of messages and saying that the list is about NVDA is moderating.

This question would be more appropriate for a list like the windows 10 list. This list is for NVDA.

Rosemarie

On 5/24/2018 7:12 AM, anthony borg wrote:
> Hi folks
> Can somebody please explain to me how to transfer an mp3 from a laptop to a
> mobile phone via bluetooth?
> Thanks in advance
> Anthony

Antony Stone

To be fair to Rosemarie, she did not say that this message was not appropriate
for this list. She said that the question might be more appropriate for
another list.

For me, that's the difference between saying "you should not ask that here" and
"you might get better responses if you ask over there".

One is playing moderator; the other is simply giving helpful advice.

Antony.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Rosemarie Chavarria Sent: 24 May 2018 18:23
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

--
My life is going completely according to plan.

I do sometimes wish it had been *my* plan, though.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Chris

Well if you did your job properly , instead of criticising everyone’s response to every reply on every topic on this list, then this wouldn’t be a issue

But I guess cant help yourself 😃

Please stop telling people what messages are appropriate.  the list allows a certain amount of off topic traffic and has since I've been a member for years.  List owners and moderators on lists in general don't want members who aren't moderators, sending moderation messages to the list.  It isn't specific to this list, but a general expectation.  If you want to suggest that the person might get better answers on another list, that's one thing.  But discussing appropriateness of messages and saying that the list is about NVDA is moderating.

This question would be more appropriate for a list like the windows 10 list. This list is for NVDA.

Rosemarie

On 5/24/2018 7:12 AM, anthony borg wrote:
> Hi folks
> Can somebody please explain to me how to transfer an mp3 from a laptop to a
> mobile phone via bluetooth?
> Thanks in advance
> Anthony

Gene

After she said that the message would be more appropriate for another list, she said, this list is for NVDA.  This is the second such message she sent in the last day, the other regarding a Braille display.  In both, she said, this list is for NVDA,  That is moderation.  the list allows a certain amount of off topic discussion.  I wouldn't have raised the matter at all if there had been only one such message, nor would I have raised it if the messages had just said something like, you may get better answers on a different list or this question would be better asked on a Windows 10 list or something of the sort.  But they went further.

Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 1:52 PM

--
My life is going completely according to plan.

I do sometimes wish it had been *my* plan, though.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

Gene

I am doing my job.  Are you aware that I am the moderator?  If you have complaints about how I rung the list, and I almost never do anything, because the list almost runs itself, please address messages commenting on the matter to the owner's address at the bottom of each message.  Both the owner and I will see the messages and one or both of us will respond.

If you can document some sort of pattern of criticizing almost every message on the list, I would be interested and the owner would be as well.  I try to promote a relaxed, helpful atmosphere and if you believe I am not managing the list well, you have every right to complain.  However, I think you'll have a problem documenting your claim.

Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 2:14 PM

Well if you did your job properly , instead of criticising everyone’s response to every reply on every topic on this list, then this wouldn’t be a issue

But I guess cant help yourself 😃

Please stop telling people what messages are appropriate.  the list allows a certain amount of off topic traffic and has since I've been a member for years.  List owners and moderators on lists in general don't want members who aren't moderators, sending moderation messages to the list.  It isn't specific to this list, but a general expectation.  If you want to suggest that the person might get better answers on another list, that's one thing.  But discussing appropriateness of messages and saying that the list is about NVDA is moderating.

This question would be more appropriate for a list like the windows 10 list. This list is for NVDA.

Rosemarie

On 5/24/2018 7:12 AM, anthony borg wrote:
> Hi folks
> Can somebody please explain to me how to transfer an mp3 from a laptop to a
> mobile phone via bluetooth?
> Thanks in advance
> Anthony

Antony Stone

Thanks for clarifying the rules. I had not previously realised that telling
someone that "this list is for NVDA" was a potential problem. I hope everyone
here can learn a lesson from this.

Antony.

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Rosemarie Chavarria Sent: 24 May 2018 18:23
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi, Anthony,

This question would be more appropriate for a list like the windows 10
list. This list is for NVDA.

Rosemarie

On 5/24/2018 7:12 AM, anthony borg wrote:
Hi folks
Can somebody please explain to me how to transfer an mp3 from a laptop
to a mobile phone via bluetooth?
Thanks in advance
Anthony
--
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was formed in 1824.
The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children was not formed

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Anthony,

Thanks for backing me up. Yes, all I was trying to do was give helpful advice--not play the part of a moderator. I won't say anything more.

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of
Rosemarie Chavarria Sent: 24 May 2018 18:23
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hi, Anthony,

This question would be more appropriate for a list like the windows 10
list. This list is for NVDA.

Rosemarie

On 5/24/2018 7:12 AM, anthony borg wrote:
Hi folks
Can somebody please explain to me how to transfer an mp3 from a laptop to
a mobile phone via bluetooth?
Thanks in advance
Anthony

Gene

it isn't a rule, but my understanding of how people may understand such comments and how they conflict with long practice on the list of allowing some off topic content.  Of course, if the list owner disagrees, he is the final word.

Gene

--
The Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals was formed in 1824.
The National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children was not formed
until 1884.
That says something about the British.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.

Gene

I said nothing about your intent nor did I assume what it is.  I'm saying that if you say something like this list is for NVDA, you are saying or implying that the message is off topic and not appropriate for the list.  That is in conflict with the long practice of the list, which is to allow some off topic content.

I have no reason to question your motivation.  And I don't think you intended to send moderation-like messages to the list.  But the question is how the messages appear, not of your intent.  I hope that you will consider these points and not view it as a contest where some people disagree and others agree in support of you.  I'm asking you to consider what I am saying and see if you understand and agree with it.

If you send messages that appear to be moderation messages, then regardless of your intentions, the messages will be interpreted as moderation messages.  I hope you now understand why.

Gene

Sent: Thursday, May 24, 2018 3:04 PM

Hi, Anthony,

Thanks for backing me up. Yes, all I was trying to do was give helpful
advice--not play the part of a moderator. I won't say anything more.

Rosemarie

On 5/24/2018 11:52 AM, Antony Stone wrote:
> To be fair to Rosemarie, she did not say that this message was not appropriate
> for this list.  She said that the question might be more appropriate for
> another list.
>
> For me, that's the difference between saying "you should not ask that here" and
> "you might get better responses if you ask over there".
>
> One is playing moderator; the other is simply giving helpful advice.
>

> Antony.
>
> On Thursday 24 May 2018 at 18:56:13, Gene wrote:
>
>> Please stop telling people what messages are appropriate.  the list allows
>> a certain amount of off topic traffic and has since I've been a member for
>> years.  List owners and moderators on lists in general don't want members
>> who aren't moderators, sending moderation messages to the list.  It isn't
>> specific to this list, but a general expectation.  If you want to suggest
>> that the person might get better answers on another list, that's one
>> thing.  But discussing appropriateness of messages and saying that the
>> list is about NVDA is moderating.
>>
>> Gene

Howard Traxler <howard@...>

Are you swaying that blue tooth does not work with NVDA?

This question would be more appropriate for a list like the windows 10 list. This list is for NVDA.

Rosemarie

On 5/24/2018 7:12 AM, anthony borg wrote:
Hi folks
Can somebody please explain to me how to transfer an mp3 from a laptop to a
mobile phone via bluetooth?
Thanks in advance
Anthony

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Sorry for the levity here but every time I hear the term Blue tooth, I remember the old song I'm a blue tooth brush, youre' a pink tooth brush novelty song.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-