From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Don H
Sent: Wednesday, December 5, 2018 10:43 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] 2018-4 beta 3

Running the latest beta on a win 10 1809 system. If I go to youtube move to the edit box and hit enter to enable me to type in my search.
After typing in a few letters I start getting the NVDA error ding for each letter I press to finish entering my search term. I press enter and the search seems to work as it should but why the error dings when entering data into the search edit box?

Quentin Christensen

That's correct, the ding indicates and error.  It is a higher priority if the error interferes with doing tasks, although ideally we'd like to get to the bottom of most errors.  I'm not specifically familiar with what is causing this one.

Regards

Quentin.

I think the beta versions of NVDA have that ding sound to indicate some kind of an error but I don't know for sure. Perhaps someone could clarify that for me so I can understand it better.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Gene

There may well be no connection, but I wonder if the error occurs on Google as well.  I wonder if it has anything to do with sites that show suggestions as you type.

Gene

Running the latest beta on a win 10 1809 system.  If I go to youtube move to the edit box and hit enter to enable me to type in my search.
After typing in a few letters I start getting the NVDA error ding for each letter I press to finish entering my search term.  I press enter and the search seems to work as it should but why the error dings when entering data into the search edit box?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Rosemarie Chavarria

The error isn't interfering with me being able to do tasks.

Running the latest beta on a win 10 1809 system.  If I go to youtube move to the edit box and hit enter to enable me to type in my search.
After typing in a few letters I start getting the NVDA error ding for each letter I press to finish entering my search term.  I press enter and the search seems to work as it should but why the error dings when entering data into the search edit box?

--

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Brian's Mail list account

I get quite a few errors but they are not any different to previous versions. Some errors are benign unless they change the behaviour of the software.
Several editable areas have done this for many versions and indeed some parts of Windows have as well. I always do an issue if they look like they are serious. Often what they seem to be are errors where nvda has seen something odd but its then found the screen has changed and gets it sorted OK. If you are going to run the betas then if it annoys you you can change the sound manually to something a little less strident, but the idea is for it to alert an error has occurred.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-