Topics

2019.3.1, random stops during say all.

ryan chou

Hi all,
Ever since I've updated to 2019.3.1, I've noticed something where NVDA randomly stops reading during a say all. Nothing breaks, but there's no visible reason for it to stop reading. This is especially common in Kindle books, but not unheard of on other pages as well. When it happens I just have to scroll down manually to the next line, however if I'm trying to just read through something long, it does get mildly irritating if it happens a lot.
Does anyone else have this issue/know how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

I'm having this same issue. I'm gonna check to make sure it's not filed on Github. If I have enough time, I'll file a bug on there.

Rui Fontes

What synth you use?

Rui Fontes

Às 19:54 de 16/03/2020, ryan chou escreveu:

Hi all,
Ever since I've updated to 2019.3.1, I've noticed something where NVDA randomly stops reading during a say all. Nothing breaks, but there's no visible reason for it to stop reading. This is especially common in Kindle books, but not unheard of on other pages as well. When it happens I just have to scroll down manually to the next line, however if I'm trying to just read through something long, it does get mildly irritating if it happens a lot.
Does anyone else have this issue/know how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

ryan chou

I don't think this is synth specific... it's happening with all of them.

On 3/16/20, Rui Fontes <rui.fontes@...> wrote:
What synth you use?

Rui Fontes

Às 19:54 de 16/03/2020, ryan chou escreveu:
Hi all,
Ever since I've updated to 2019.3.1, I've noticed something where NVDA
randomly stops reading during a say all. Nothing breaks, but there's
no visible reason for it to stop reading. This is especially common in
Kindle books, but not unheard of on other pages as well. When it
happens I just have to scroll down manually to the next line, however
if I'm trying to just read through something long, it does get mildly
irritating if it happens a lot.
Does anyone else have this issue/know how to fix it? Any help would be
greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Quentin Christensen

Has anyone got a public facing page or set of steps to reproduce this with?

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

ryan chou

Actually, apparently this has something to do with the speech history
addon? On my end, at least. If you look on Github, there's a pull
request that fixes it. Just tested it myself, can confirm that it
works.

[...]

Web: www.nvaccess.org

Zaitchik, Alan

Did NVDA 2019.3.1 change the default number of characters to read before stopping? Just asking….

Nope. I bet there’s something going on with the app you are using and/or the speech synthesizer not handling internal speech changes correctly.

Cheers,

Joseph

Did NVDA 2019.3.1 change the default number of characters to read before stopping? Just asking….