Topics

2019.3 how to use Emoticons

Robert Mendoza

Hi, since emoticons is already in the core of cycle of 2019.3,
my question is here how to use this features?

Nikola Jovic

It's not. Don't confuse Emoji and emoticon. An emoticon is composed
tipically of a combination of several punctuation marks, like less
than sign and number 3 for the heart emoticon. However, these days
emoji are used more frequently, which are unicode specific simbols and
modern apps often automatically convert emoticons to alternative
emoji. About the emoticons addon itself, it will be ported as the
Python 3 changes are already being tested by the developer. Reading of
emoji is supported by NVDA natively and does not require additional
addons.

On 12/9/19, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:
Hi, since emoticons is already in the core of cycle of 2019.3,
my question is here how to use this features?

Robert Mendoza

Thanks but, my question is how will gonna use Emoticon

let say you wanting to pick from the list. Or Do we have to use key command in order to pick of our choice

and from their we could easily copy and paste to particular editor.

On 12/9/2019 9:14 PM, Nikola Jovic wrote:
It's not. Don't confuse Emoji and emoticon. An emoticon is composed
tipically of a combination of several punctuation marks, like less
than sign and number 3 for the heart emoticon. However, these days
emoji are used more frequently, which are unicode specific simbols and
modern apps often automatically convert emoticons to alternative
emoji. About the emoticons addon itself, it will be ported as the
Python 3 changes are already being tested by the developer. Reading of
emoji is supported by NVDA natively and does not require additional
addons.

On 12/9/19, Robert Mendoza <lowvisiontek@...> wrote:
Hi, since emoticons is already in the core of cycle of 2019.3,
my question is here how to use this features?

Nikola Jovic

For emoticons, the addon helps to insert them without remembering each
simbol. As for emoji, if you use Windows 10, there is something called
the emoji panel. To access it, you use windows plus . period, and pick
the one you want to insert either by choosing a category, or just by
searching for an emoji. Your recently used simbols will always be at
the top.

[...]

molly the blind tech lover

I like the emoji panel ☺

[...]

HI, Molly and others

Emojis panel works fine and perfect. However, I could not able to copy it.Maybe someone here could give info on how to get and use

On 12/9/2019 10:56 PM, molly the blind tech lover wrote:
I like the emoji panel ☺

[...]

Hi, I got fine to manage to solve my concern. Thanks a lot!  😉

On 12/10/2019 9:23 AM, Robert Mendoza via Groups.Io wrote:
[...]

Kevin Cussick

windows key dot then select what you want to do then just hit enter on the one You want to use and hit ESC that is it hope it helps.

On 10/12/2019 01:23, Robert Mendoza wrote:
[...]

Also you can press tab to find the list of categories.

[...]

Hi, not sure if my message are kinda confusing but, I really appreciate of your help.
So, what I did in order to copy it from clipboard is by pressing nvda or caps lock plus numpad 5 and hit several times of the numpad 5 and that is the time will close the panel and pasted it to particular editor