Topics

2019.3 RC3 as portable copy in machine

Robert Mendoza

Hi, not sure if anyone here attempt to install as portable copy from your hard drive and set folder as NVDA snapshots or which ever you prefer to call.

Most of the time in order to test the beta or RC of the previous version I mostly done to save it to my machine rather than in my USB flash drive.
Here is the scenario when I am about to launch the file for 2019.3 RC3 I heard of the beeps or alerts coming from Windows defender and not sure why is this happened.

Hoping could give info for this. Thanks.

Quentin Christensen

Hi Robert,

Windows Defender is falsely detecting eSpeak NG as a trojan.  You can setup a portable version of the RC build, you just won't be able to use its version of eSpeak.  Hopefully this will be resolved in a day or so.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager