Topics

2020-2 rc1

Don H

I installed NVDA 2020.2 RC1 on my win 10 2004 laptop.

I have found that on certain web sites using Google Chrome as my browser that the arrow keys don't work as they should to read the web page.  Also on such things as my download folder and document folder it would appear that the folders are empty as you can not use the arrow keys to go down the list of items.  Sighted help says that the list of items shows on the screen but again NVDA will not read them.  Closing the folder and reopenning it may or not get the list to read as it should.

Sarah k Alawami

I've ben having this issue for a while now. I believe I submitted a log to the list some few weeksa go, or something. I'm not using the rc for 20.x, just theepublic build. However, this has ben happenign since the switch. rEstarting NVDA does work by the way. I don't like it, but that's the only work around I've found.

On 19 Jul 2020, at 7:08, Don H wrote:

    I installed NVDA 2020.2 RC1 on my win 10 2004 laptop.

I have found that on certain web sites using Google Chrome as my browser that the arrow keys don't work as they should to read the web page.  Also on such things as my download folder and document folder it would appear that the folders are empty as you can not use the arrow keys to go down the list of items.  Sighted help says that the list of items shows on the screen but again NVDA will not read them.  Closing the folder and reopenning it may or not get the list to read as it should.

Hi,
For anyone experiencing this, as Sarah pointed out, does restarting NVDA help? If not, does restarting with add-ons disabled help?
Cheers,
Joseph

I installed NVDA 2020.2 RC1 on my win 10 2004 laptop.

I have found that on certain web sites using Google Chrome as my browser that the arrow keys don't work as they should to read the web page. Also on such things as my download folder and document folder it would appear that the folders are empty as you can not use the arrow keys to go down the list of items. Sighted help says that the list of items shows on the screen but again NVDA will not read them. Closing the folder and reopenning it may or not get the list to read as it should.

Don H

restarting NVDA works sometimes but not always.

On 7/19/2020 11:33 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:
Hi,
For anyone experiencing this, as Sarah pointed out, does restarting NVDA help? If not, does restarting with add-ons disabled help?
Cheers,
Joseph

I installed NVDA 2020.2 RC1 on my win 10 2004 laptop.

I have found that on certain web sites using Google Chrome as my browser that the arrow keys don't work as they should to read the web page. Also on such things as my download folder and document folder it would appear that the folders are empty as you can not use the arrow keys to go down the list of items. Sighted help says that the list of items shows on the screen but again NVDA will not read them. Closing the folder and reopenning it may or not get the list to read as it should.

Sarah k Alawami

Can you then submit a debug log when this happens? Also what are your machine's specs, the version of windows, etc.
'
Take care

On 19 Jul 2020, at 11:37, Don H wrote:

[...]

Quentin Christensen

And just to add to the suggestions - if you've just installed a new version of NVDA, have you restarted the PC?  Occasionally you get weird things which just don't work properly after installing or updating software, and the next time you restart Windows.

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager