Subject: [nvda] Does this page sound weird to anybody else?
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Date: Saturday, May 26, 2018, 9:58 AM

When I go to the below page
with NVDA, to me it sounds like just parts of words are
read.  In the middle of some words, symbols such as
“dollar” and “percent” are being
read.I’ve tried
it with Internet Explorer and Firefox.  The URL is https://saintleouniversityparents.weebly.com/my-parent-access.html.

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Yep. Looks like certain letters and other symbols have been replaced with these characters. It’s consistent across the page, whatever it is.

When I go to the below page with NVDA, to me it sounds like just parts of words are read.  In the middle of some words, symbols such as “dollar” and “percent” are being read.

I’ve tried it with Internet Explorer and Firefox.  The URL is https://saintleouniversityparents.weebly.com/my-parent-access.html.

Jonathan COHN

Hello,

Weebly.com is one of those sites that auto-creates web sites with drag and drop actions. I believe in general these quick build web sites have a tendency to not follow WCAG standards. There is going to be a conference in the Washington DC area in October where one of the points being discussed is how to improve the accessibility of this type of site.

From: <nvda@nvda.groups.io> on behalf of Ryan Mann <rmann0581@...>
Date: Tuesday, May 29, 2018 at 10:44 AM
To: "nvda@nvda.groups.io" <nvda@nvda.groups.io>