accessible DVD burning software with NVDA

Dan Beaver

Hi,

I used to use FreemakeVC for this but they have changed it some time back and it now places a "Freemake" watermark on the middle of the video.

Does anyone know of a good free accessible DVD burning software?  I am trying to burn from MP4 files at this time.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

Dan Beaver

Oh, sorry, I should have also said:

Windows 10 64 bit system

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 5/27/2018 6:30 PM, Dan Beaver wrote:

Hi,

I used to use FreemakeVC for this but they have changed it some time back and it now places a "Freemake" watermark on the middle of the video.

Does anyone know of a good free accessible DVD burning software?  I am trying to burn from MP4 files at this time.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

AnyBurn
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore

Dan Beaver

Ok,

I tried Anyburn and it says that an MP4 file is not supported. 

Thanks for the idea.

Dan Beaver

On 5/27/2018 6:51 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:
AnyBurn
--

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

Kevin <kleeva5@...>

Freemake video converter is only 9 bucks, it’s consider as a donation they give you a key.  It’s worth it if you burn a lot!

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 5:23 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessible DVD burning software with NVDA

Ok,

Thanks for the idea.

Dan Beaver

On 5/27/2018 6:51 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

AnyBurn
--

On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 05:23 pm, Dan Beaver wrote:
What is it that you're trying to do?  It will certainly burn an MP4 to CD or DVD optical media.  If that's not what you're attempting to do that's a different story.  I really thought you were looking for something that can burn files to optical media.  

--

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

What about the old CD burner xp as it claims to do dvds and work on windows 10, but as I do not do dvds myself, I'd not know the details.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, May 27, 2018 11:51 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessible DVD burning software with NVDA

AnyBurn ( http://www.anyburn.com/ )
--

*Brian* *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

~ H.L. Mencken , AKA The Sage of Baltimore

Dan Beaver

Yes, I am trying to burn MP4 files to a DVD to make a DVD that can be played in a normal DVD player. 

I installed AnyBurn and when I set it to burn one to the DVD it said that MP4 was not a supported format.  Not sure why the version I have would be different than yours.

Dan Beaver

On 5/28/2018 12:37 AM, Brian Vogel wrote:
On Sun, May 27, 2018 at 05:23 pm, Dan Beaver wrote:
What is it that you're trying to do?  It will certainly burn an MP4 to CD or DVD optical media.  If that's not what you're attempting to do that's a different story.  I really thought you were looking for something that can burn files to optical media.  

--

Well, whether MP4 can be played in a typical DVD player depends on whether the DVD player supports playing MP4 format, most modern ones do.

Just went through the steps to create a DVD of MP4 files in Anyburn 4.1, 64-bit, and here they are:

1. Open Anyburn. 

2. Navigate to Burn or append files/folders to a disc button and activate.

3. In dialog that opens, navigate to Add button then use the standard Windows dialog to navigate to the folder you wish to select the file (or files, if multi-selecting) from, then select it/them.  Lather, rinse, repeat as many times as necessary to get to all the folders and files you wish to have burned to the DVD.

4. Activate "Next" button after you've collected all of the MP4 files (or any other files your player is capable of playing) you wish to have on the DVD.

5. Activate the "Burn Now" button.  You must, of course, have a blank burnable DVD in your drive before hitting this button.

6. Unless you've unchecked the default setting, disc after burning," you will hear the disk eject when it is complete (or if the burn fails in some way, I believe)

--

That last step should have read:

6. Unless you've unchecked the default setting, Eject disc after burning, you will hear the disk eject when it is complete (or if the burn fails in some way, I believe)
--

Hello all,

Brian, I think the other user wants something a little bit different. He wants to create a DVD disk in the DVD-Video format. The DVD-Video format uses MPEG-2 video and therefore the video files have to be converted first. It is a different question if the CD/DVD burning software supports the ability to do the conversion. Yes, creating the disk as a DVD-Video one guaranties that the disk will be playable in a standalone DVD player, but depending on the parameters of source videos (e.g. 720p or 1080p), this may mean a degradation of the quality, since, at least as far as I know, the video in the DVD-Video format is of lower quality in comparison with 720p and 1080p videos, for example.

______
Best wishes,
Kostadin Kolev

На 28.5.2018 г. в 21:29, Brian Vogel написа:

Well, whether MP4 can be played in a typical DVD player depends on whether the DVD player supports playing MP4 format, most modern ones do.

Just went through the steps to create a DVD of MP4 files in Anyburn 4.1, 64-bit, and here they are:

1. Open Anyburn. 

3. In dialog that opens, navigate to Add button then use the standard Windows dialog to navigate to the folder you wish to select the file (or files, if multi-selecting) from, then select it/them.  Lather, rinse, repeat as many times as necessary to get to all the folders and files you wish to have burned to the DVD.

4. Activate "Next" button after you've collected all of the MP4 files (or any other files your player is capable of playing) you wish to have on the DVD.

5. Activate the "Burn Now" button.  You must, of course, have a blank burnable DVD in your drive before hitting this button.

6. Unless you've unchecked the default setting, disc after burning," you will hear the disk eject when it is complete (or if the burn fails in some way, I believe)

--

Joe Paton

Hi,

Can't an image be created, then burned to new disk?

Kostadin,

It is unclear to me exactly what's being asked for.  There are very few home DVD burning applications that will do file conversion from one format to native DVD format when burning.  They will do DVD to DVD copying for non-protected DVD format material, but using the approach of disc cloning.

Most recent DVD players can handle the most common multimedia file formats as well as CD audio format and a number of other audio file formats as well.

I was just trying to point out that MP4 format is not rejected by AnyBurn when what you're trying to do is to burn it to DVD in its native format.

--

Dan Beaver

Obviously I am not explaining what I am trying to do very well. 

I want to burn an MP4 file to a DVD so that the DVD is a video DVD not a data disk.  I do not just want to vurn files to the disk.  I want a DVD that will play as a movie.

I think I am going to just pay for the gold pack and upgrade my copy of FreemakeVC.  It seems like the easiest thing to do at this point.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

On 5/28/2018 2:29 PM, Brian Vogel wrote:

1. Open Anyburn. 

--