How to set up Braille for focus display?

Ann Byrne

I know it can be done, but I don't remember how. I have a newe (used) computer with NVDa and a Focus 40 Braille display. How do I make NVDA see this display?

thanks,

Mallard

Hello,

I think you still need a driver.

See if this one works:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwu4v41b2guydn2/FocusBlueDriver1.0.2030.exe?dl=0

hth, ciao,

Ollie

Il 29/05/2018 02:41, Ann Byrne ha scritto:
I know it can be done, but I don't remember how.  I have a newe (used) computer with NVDa and a Focus 40 Braille display.  How do I make NVDA see this display?

thanks,

John J. Boyer

You need the driver from Freedom Scientific. That is the one that will work. Look at the instructions in the NVDA
User's Guide under Braille displays and Freedom Scientific. There is a link for downloading the driver. unfortunately, I
don't have the link at hand right now. I am using Focus displays.

John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org

Nicolai Svendsen

Hi,

I've personally never had to do that. When I got mine, I just plugged it in and picked the appropriate option from NVDAs braille settings without installing anything. This was like a year ago.

Nicolai

On May 29, 2018, at 10:03 AM, Mallard <mallard@kimabe.eu> wrote:

Hello,

I think you still need a driver.

See if this one works:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwu4v41b2guydn2/FocusBlueDriver1.0.2030.exe?dl=0

hth, ciao,

Ollie

Il 29/05/2018 02:41, Ann Byrne ha scritto:
I know it can be done, but I don't remember how. I have a newe (used) computer with NVDa and a Focus 40 Braille display. How do I make NVDA see this display?

thanks,

Rui Fontes

If you have Jaws installed on your machine, it should have installed the drivers...

Rui

Às 09:15 de 29/05/2018, Nicolai Svendsen escreveu:

Hi,
I've personally never had to do that. When I got mine, I just plugged it in and picked the appropriate option from NVDAs braille settings without installing anything. This was like a year ago.
Nicolai

On May 29, 2018, at 10:03 AM, Mallard <mallard@kimabe.eu> wrote:

Hello,

I think you still need a driver.

See if this one works:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/vwu4v41b2guydn2/FocusBlueDriver1.0.2030.exe?dl=0

hth, ciao,

Ollie

Il 29/05/2018 02:41, Ann Byrne ha scritto:
I know it can be done, but I don't remember how. I have a newe (used) computer with NVDa and a Focus 40 Braille display. How do I make NVDA see this display?

thanks,

Jason White

John J. Boyer <john.boyer@abilitiessoft.org> wrote:
You need the driver from Freedom Scientific. That is the one that will work. Look at the instructions in the NVDA
User's Guide under Braille displays and Freedom Scientific. There is a link for downloading the driver. unfortunately, I
don't have the link at hand right now. I am using Focus displays.

Yes, that driver does work.