From: "Chris Shook" <chris0309@samobile.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2016 9:15 PM
Subject: [nvda] CodeFactory Vocalizer

Hi,
Does anyone own the CodeFactory of Vocalizer? If I purchase the product, what should I expect?
Thanks
Chris

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

Fru the helpdesk their support are quite good. They even helped me on
skype to get sorted. Its basicly a control panel you download from
within where you buy and setup voices.

On 09/06/2016, Isaac <bigikemusic@gmail.com> wrote:
You should expect super terrible customer service, as they sold me a copy of

the software, and when I told them it mucked up the other vocalizer by
tiflatechnia, I asked them to convert me to the eloquense license until they

got things straight. THey also said they were working on my issue and I've

gotten no progress reports, so in the past I recommended them, now not.

--
Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451

Chris Shook <chris0309@...>

Aidan,
How is the product compared to the other Vocalizer? Hhave you had any trouble with tech support at all.
Chris

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

No problems on my side. I think the important thing is that you do
things correctly. If they say to create a support ticket for you to
get the best help, then start that way, they will skype you in time if
you have on going problems.They even once reset my activation for my
SAPI eloquence.

On 09/06/2016, Chris Shook <chris0309@samobile.net> wrote:
Aidan,
How is the product compared to the other Vocalizer? Hhave you had any
trouble with tech support at all.
Chris

--
Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451
Twitter: smarttalk7
Audioboo: www.audioboo.com/DjSpotlight

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

my ticket has never been answered timely, still waiting

No problems on my side. I think the important thing is that you do
things correctly. If they say to create a support ticket for you to
get the best help, then start that way, they will skype you in time if
you have on going problems.They even once reset my activation for my
SAPI eloquence.

On 09/06/2016, Chris Shook <chris0309@samobile.net> wrote:
Aidan,
How is the product compared to the other Vocalizer? Hhave you had any
trouble with tech support at all.
Chris

--
Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451
Twitter: smarttalk7
Audioboo: www.audioboo.com/DjSpotlight

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

Then change the status to high priority and try writing a reply on it
again and see if that helps?

On 10/06/2016, Isaac <bigikemusic@gmail.com> wrote:
[...]

The Vocalizer I'm using (not the Codefactory one) worked pretty good. If you're using it on a portable copy, the non Codefactory one is best as it recognizes your USB as a device, I.E portable activation is machine independent. However you need to make sure that it can connect to the internet once in a while, otherwise you'll get a message saying that the license has been disabled.

In terms of tech support, Tiflatechnia gave me very good support; they even increased my activation count a number of times and I'm sure, in an event that one of my activation copy was lost either due to unusable PC or I lose my USB, they will increase my activation count.

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

Tiflatechnia is the best, I'm a system admin and they have reset me when appropriate, and very supportive in trying to solve the problem of me using there voices in conjunction with code factory's voices, and code factory hasen't done anything but take my money and run, they seem short staffed and out of touch with there customers, not just in my opinion but others in the past on this list.  In reguards to Tiflatechnia, it would be nice however if as a suggestion on the portable copy they would disable internet license checking, because on a usb stick for work purposes, most of those machines never reach the internet in portible stages.

The Vocalizer I'm using (not the Codefactory one) worked pretty good. If you're using it on a portable copy, the non Codefactory one is best as it recognizes your USB as a device, I.E portable activation is machine independent. However you need to make sure that it can connect to the internet once in a while, otherwise you'll get a message saying that the license has been disabled.

In terms of tech support, Tiflatechnia gave me very good support; they even increased my activation count a number of times and I'm sure, in an event that one of my activation copy was lost either due to unusable PC or I lose my USB, they will increase my activation count.

That's a good suggestion, though I found a workaround. Simply connect your USB to your personal laptop or something, then fire up NVDA with Vocalizer and it should work fine. Also if you have other portable apps installed on your USB, it's a good practice to connect your USB and update them every once in a while; I haven't check for update on any of my portable apps for a while already...lol

Aidan <aidan.smarttalk@...>

I just don't see why you must buy Tiflatechnia version if its more
expensive, and you don't get eloquence with it. Seems more money
making. At least CodeFactory give you more for what you pay.

On 12/06/2016, Supanut Leepaisomboon <supanut2000@outlook.com> wrote:
That's a good suggestion, though I found a workaround. Simply connect your
USB to your personal laptop or something, then fire up NVDA with Vocalizer
and it should work fine. Also if you have other portable apps installed on
your USB, it's a good practice to connect your USB and update them every
once in a while; I haven't check for update on any of my portable apps for a
while already...lol
--
Facebook: m.facebook.com/aidan.maher92
Skype: andries4451
Twitter: smarttalk7
Audioboo: www.audioboo.com/DjSpotlight

Well, for me I don't need the other synth, as Vocalizer, with Thai language support, is all that I need, and the price of Tiflatechnia's Vocalizer is not that expensive by Thai standards.

Ethan

Hello,

How do you increase the speech rate of NVDA using eloquence from coat factory? When I increase the speech rate to 100%, the speech rate stays the same speaking at 50%.

Thank you

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 12, 2016, at 7:34 AM, Supanut Leepaisomboon <supanut2000@...> wrote:

Well, for me I don't need the other synth, as Vocalizer, with Thai language support, is all that I need, and the price of Tiflatechnia's Vocalizer is not that expensive by Thai standards.

Isaac <bigikemusic@...>

more that doesn't work, the eloquence is no good, and has audio issues that tickets were filed on long time a go, and the vocalizer has more voices at this point, but that won't be the case soon, and I'd pay more because I get good customer service with code factory's compeditor