Topics

Important: NVDA 2016.2.1 is out, fixing crashes when working with Microsoft Word, sacrificing grammar error announcement #NVAccess

Hi all,

For those using NVDA 2016.2 (or RC1): if you use Microsoft Word, please grab NVDA 2016.2.1, as it fixes Word crashing issue with loss of grammar error announcement as a sacrifice. The new release from NV Access can be found at:

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-2-1-update-now-available/

Cheers,

Joseph

So how does the grammar bit work into this then?

I never use it in any case as their idea of grammar and mine are poles apart.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

For those using NVDA 2016.2 (or RC1): if you use Microsoft Word, please grab
NVDA 2016.2.1, as it fixes Word crashing issue with loss of grammar error
announcement as a sacrifice. The new release from NV Access can be found at:

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-2-1-update-now-available/

Cheers,

Joseph

Quentin Christensen

The issue would manifest if you had NVDA set to

--
22 Point

Web: http://www.22point.com.au
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/22Point
Twitter: https://twitter.com/22PointApps

Check out our first app, RapiTap! - Tap targets fast & avoid decoys:
Adrenaline pumping, Challenging, Accessible!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitap
Free trial: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitapfree

On 10 June 2016 at 18:24, Brian's Mail list account
<bglists@...> wrote:
So how does the grammar bit work into this then?

I never use it in any case as their idea of grammar and mine are poles
apart.

Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph Lee" <@joslee>
with Microsoft Word, sacrificing grammar error announcement #NVAccess

Hi all,

For those using NVDA 2016.2 (or RC1): if you use Microsoft Word, please
grab
NVDA 2016.2.1, as it fixes Word crashing issue with loss of grammar error
announcement as a sacrifice. The new release from NV Access can be found
at:

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-2-1-update-now-available/

Cheers,

Joseph

Sharni-Lee Ward

Okay, I've updated! I'll admit I agree with Brian about the grammar
errors not always being accurate, but we can't have NVDA crashing in Word!

I hope you guys release an update like this one that fixes the issues
with pronunciations in Espeak NG when the devs of that synth have made
the necessary tweaks. I miss espeak... It pronounced my made up
characters' names just right and now at least one of them has been
messed up and I don't know how to fix it so it's pronounced exactly the
way it used to be...

10/06/2016 6:24 PM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:

[...]

Sorry I was saying the issue would manifest if you had NVDA set to
report spelling errors and grammar errors, which was the default
setting in NVDA.

Hopefully we can get to the bottom of the issues and get grammar
reporting back in for 2016.3.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
22 Point

Web: http://www.22point.com.au
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/22Point
Twitter: https://twitter.com/22PointApps

Check out our first app, RapiTap! - Tap targets fast & avoid decoys:
Adrenaline pumping, Challenging, Accessible!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitap
Free trial: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=au.com.twentytwopoint.rapitapfree

<bglists@...> wrote:
[...]

Lino Morales

Is this the only that's been fixed?

On 6/10/2016 4:09 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

For those using NVDA 2016.2 (or RC1): if you use Microsoft Word, please grab NVDA 2016.2.1, as it fixes Word crashing issue with loss of grammar error announcement as a sacrifice. The new release from NV Access can be found at:

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-2-1-update-now-available/

Cheers,

Joseph

Quentin Christensen

That was definitely the main thing.  I write the training material rather than core code though.  If you are finding other issues, particularly new ones, see if they're mentioned on GitHub: https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/issues and / or include as much detail as you can here.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sat, Jun 11, 2016 at 6:00 AM, Lino Morales <linomorales001@...> wrote:

Is this the only that's been fixed?

On 6/10/2016 4:09 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi all,

For those using NVDA 2016.2 (or RC1): if you use Microsoft Word, please grab NVDA 2016.2.1, as it fixes Word crashing issue with loss of grammar error announcement as a sacrifice. The new release from NV Access can be found at:

http://www.nvaccess.org/post/nvda-2016-2-1-update-now-available/

Cheers,

Joseph

--