Facebook with NVDA

Semirhage

Hi. I've finally gotten around to trying to learn facebook for reasons of promo for our writing and for our you tube channels. It's difficult for me to navigate and I have the mobile ap as I'm told it's far easier. I use it on my laptop. I run windows 7 and use NVDA, of course. I was wondering if anyone can help me with some useful key commands for stuff. I have a friend who uses jaws as well as NVDA and she said Face book is far easier for her on Jaws. I don't like jaws so I'm hoping I can learn some tips for NVDA with it.
I appreciate any help in advance.
Sem

Buddy Brannan

Try this for the manin Facebook site:
http://www.afb.org/afbpress/pub.asp?DocID=aw160402

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194

On Jun 11, 2016, at 6:45 AM, Semirhage <severus13@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi. I've finally gotten around to trying to learn facebook for reasons of promo for our writing and for our you tube channels. It's difficult for me to navigate and I have the mobile ap as I'm told it's far easier. I use it on my laptop. I run windows 7 and use NVDA, of course. I was wondering if anyone can help me with some useful key commands for stuff. I have a friend who uses jaws as well as NVDA and she said Face book is far easier for her on Jaws. I don't like jaws so I'm hoping I can learn some tips for NVDA with it.
I appreciate any help in advance.
Sem

Semirhage

What does this do?

Buddy Brannan

it's an article that lists the most handy shortcut keys for the main Facebook site.

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: 814-860-3194
Mobile: 814-431-0962
Email: buddy@brannan.name

On Jun 11, 2016, at 6:55 AM, Semirhage <severus13@gmail.com> wrote:

What does this do?

Semirhage

Ah. Thanks. LOL. IT got stuck for a moment but we're also uploading a video. It's done now so I"ll go try it again. Again thanks tons. I'll keep this as something to refer back to.

Lenron

I normally use the m.facebook.com site it seems to work better than
the main page. It's been a while sense I really used Facebook though

On 6/11/16, Semirhage <severus13@gmail.com> wrote:
Ah. Thanks. LOL. IT got stuck for a moment but we're also uploading a video.

It's done now so I"ll go try it again. Again thanks tons. I'll keep this as

something to refer back to.

Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762

Bhavya shah

Hi,
I very conveniently and efficiently use Facebook through the mobile
site too with NVDA.
Thanks.

On 6/11/16, Lenron <lenron93@gmail.com> wrote:
I normally use the m.facebook.com site it seems to work better than
the main page. It's been a while sense I really used Facebook though

On 6/11/16, Semirhage <severus13@gmail.com> wrote:
Ah. Thanks. LOL. IT got stuck for a moment but we're also uploading a
video.

It's done now so I"ll go try it again. Again thanks tons. I'll keep this
as

something to refer back to.

Lenron Brown
Cell: 985-271-2832
Skype: ron.brown762

--
Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah

Buddy Brannan

As do I. There are some features that are missing on the mobile site, but most of them are things you won't miss not having.

--

On Jun 11, 2016, at 7:26 AM, Bhavya shah <bhavya.shah125@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

I worked wit the article and not every command worked for some reason. Like nothing happened. And as I initially said I do use the mobile ap. I want to find people and leave them messages and it's annoying as when I'm done with the message and enter it won't even let me send easily.

Buddy Brannan

Oh...yeah, you have to have forms mode on, else NVDA will intercept everything. Naturally, I forget what the command is for this. But if that's what you want to do, use the mobile site...it's tons easier.

--

On Jun 11, 2016, at 8:21 AM, Semirhage <severus13@gmail.com> wrote:

I worked wit the article and not every command worked for some reason. Like nothing happened. And as I initially said I do use the mobile ap. I want to find people and leave them messages and it's annoying as when I'm done with the message and enter it won't even let me send easily.

Life My Way

What is your youtube channel address.

On 6/11/2016 6:04 AM, Semirhage wrote:
Ah. Thanks. LOL. IT got stuck for a moment but we're also uploading a video. It's done now so I"ll go try it again. Again thanks tons. I'll keep this as something to refer back to.

Bhavya shah

Hi,
To toggle on focus mode (NVDA equivalent term for forms mode), you can
press NVDA key + Spacebar. Issue the same key command to return to
browse mode.
Thanks.

On 6/11/16, Life My Way via Groups.io <lifemyway=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
What is your youtube channel address.

On 6/11/2016 6:04 AM, Semirhage wrote:
Ah. Thanks. LOL. IT got stuck for a moment but we're also uploading a
video. It's done now so I"ll go try it again. Again thanks tons. I'll
keep this as something to refer back to.

Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
reader for Microsoft Windows
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com
Skype id : bhavya.09

mk360

An other option is NVDA shift spacebar to pass keys dirrctly to the web.

El 11-06-2016 a las 11:41, Bhavya shah escribió:
Hi,
To toggle on focus mode (NVDA equivalent term for forms mode), you can
press NVDA key + Spacebar. Issue the same key command to return to
browse mode.
Thanks.

On 6/11/16, Life My Way via Groups.io <lifemyway=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
What is your youtube channel address.

On 6/11/2016 6:04 AM, Semirhage wrote:
Ah. Thanks. LOL. IT got stuck for a moment but we're also uploading a
video. It's done now so I"ll go try it again. Again thanks tons. I'll
keep this as something to refer back to.

Bhavya shah

Hi,
Certainly. In fact, that would be the actual way to go, as it simply
disables NVDA's single letter navigation keystrokes for element
navigation, and its original purpose is exactly the current context -
to permit passing of keys which are shortcuts as designed by some
websites.
Thanks.

wrote:
What is your youtube channel address.

On 6/11/2016 6:04 AM, Semirhage wrote:
Ah. Thanks. LOL. IT got stuck for a moment but we're also uploading a
video. It's done now so I"ll go try it again. Again thanks tons. I'll
keep this as something to refer back to.

Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
reader for Microsoft Windows
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com
Skype id : bhavya.09

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Sem

What sort of stuff on face book?

I have been putting together a tutorial on using face book it will be more on the basics of using it. I am hoping to upload it in the next day or so to my website which can be found at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net

There is a page that comes off there called nvda tutorial for other programs and there it will go. It should be hopefully enough to get some one up and running with face book. There might be a audio one later but I am not sure about other names that might be heard on the list  or the chat part of it.

I will let you know when it goes up if you like?

Gene nz

On 11/06/2016 10:45 PM, Semirhage wrote:
Hi. I've finally gotten around to trying to learn facebook for reasons of promo for our writing and for our you tube channels. It's difficult for me to navigate and I have the mobile ap as I'm told it's far easier. I use it on my laptop. I run windows 7 and use NVDA, of course. I was wondering if anyone can help me with some useful key commands for stuff. I have a friend who uses jaws as well as NVDA and she said Face book is far easier for her on Jaws. I don't like jaws so I'm hoping I can learn some tips for NVDA with it.
I appreciate any help in advance.
Sem

Kwork

I wish tagging was more efficient on the mobile site as I like to mention
names from within the post itself, rather than just saying that I am with
so-and-so as my tag. I'll go to the main site for certain things as Buddy
said, but I do use the Mobile site for the most part. Also, if many post to
my timeline on a given day, such as a birthday, the mobile site doesn't show
all the posts, so I have to use the main site to see everything. Thanks for
this article though. I'm bookmarking it for sure.
Travis

[...]

Thanks from me too. I'd missed that command before.
Travis

wrote:
What is your youtube channel address.

On 6/11/2016 6:04 AM, Semirhage wrote:
Ah. Thanks. LOL. IT got stuck for a moment but we're also uploading a
video. It's done now so I"ll go try it again. Again thanks tons. I'll
keep this as something to refer back to.

Warm Regards
Bhavya Shah
reader for Microsoft Windows
http://www.nvaccess.org/
Reach me through the following means:
Mobile: +91 7506221750
E-mail id: bhavya.shah125@gmail.com
Skype id : bhavya.09

mk360

Well, in the normal site you can post something like "now, some beer with @name and @name2" and name and name2 will be tagged. It is about you are speaking? or is something different?

Regards,
mk.

El 11/06/2016 a las 20:50, Kwork escribió:
[...]

Yes, that is what I'm saying. I was just saying that I wish you could do
that on the m.facebook.com mobile site. It doesn't work there, only on the
main site using the computer.
Travis

wrote:

[...]

Hi. someone asked about our you tube channel address. We have 3. One is for food reviews, funny, because my husband loves food so much we make a joke out of it. The way he talks about food usually makes it or breaks it for people depending on how he feels so yeah. lOL. It's called food is my mistress and of course it's on you tube.
The second is called batweb gothic reviews and we review anything from action figures to talking toys to sunglasses and other accessories to jewelry even movie analysis and tarot decks, but it's of all things horror or gothic. Like we did a Van Helsing action figure review and a scary singing teddybear from Halloween City, just for examples so if that's not your thing ou wont like that one. Also home decor but more Gothic in style. We tell people we're Seinfeld meets Adams family.
The 3rd is a comedy channel and warning sometimes there is language though not excessive. LOL. it's called Hekyl and Jekyl's show about nothing.
We usually wear wooden sunglasses carved into the shape of raven masks, thus Hekyl and Jekyl but we have our own spelling. LOL.

So we're trying to grow on facebook, and I'm not doing something right because it's difficult to use. A friend said jaws is easier for her to use than NVDA, but I will figure this out and I refuse to cave and deal with jaws. LOL.