Topics

libra office?

Danni

Is there a way to shut off the chatter from NVDA? it's very annoying!

Danni,

          If by "shut off the chatter" you mean to stop NVDA from speaking while you type, etc., you can use NVDA Key+S to toggle speech mode.  I also use the No Beeps Speech Mode NVDA add-on so that I either have speech or silence, as there is a third feedback using beeps which I have no use for.  The NVDA Key+S is a true on/off toggle for speech if you use that add-on, otherwise it is a cycling switch between, off, beep mode, and speech mode.

Danni

I should have been more clear sorry!
It keeps saying what the file is and sheet and please hit enter for child ... just seems to talk too much!
I don't mind it talking while i type but it's giving me too much info about what file am in and press this and that and ugg by the time it's done I forget which info I want to put in the cell!

I wish I could add more but my brain goes into meltdown mode when it starts talking so much haha

          If by "shut off the chatter" you mean to stop NVDA from speaking while you type, etc., you can use NVDA Key+S to toggle speech mode.  I also use the No Beeps Speech Mode NVDA add-on so that I either have speech or silence, as there is a third feedback using beeps which I have no use for.  The NVDA Key+S is a true on/off toggle for speech if you use that add-on, otherwise it is a cycling switch between, off, beep mode, and speech mode.

Andre Fisher

Have you tried disabling Report object descriptions in NVDA's object
presentation dialog?

On 6/15/16, Danni <luv2ride67@...> wrote:
[...]

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become it's
never enough to keep up.

~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent Life
in the Universe"

All screen readers, including NVDA, allow you to set verbosity modes, and the default one JAWS is called Beginner.  I am not quite sure how this is controlled in NVDA and am in a hurry at the moment.  Were I you I would start a separate thread asking about how to control verbosity level when working with NVDA, as it appears to be spread across more than one set of preferences and others can help better than I can.

Danni

Okay tried that didn't work!

If by "shut off the chatter" you mean to stop NVDA from speaking
while you type, etc., you can use NVDA Key+S to toggle speech mode. I also
use the No Beeps Speech Mode NVDA add-on so that I either have speech or
silence, as there is a third feedback using beeps which I have no use for.
The NVDA Key+S is a true on/off toggle for speech if you use that add-on,
otherwise it is a cycling switch between, off, beep mode, and speech mode.

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become it's
never enough to keep up.

~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent Life
in the Universe"

Danni

Aha I figured it out! the formula box was checked and as soon as I clicked on that all the chatter went away yea!

If by "shut off the chatter" you mean to stop NVDA from speaking
while you type, etc., you can use NVDA Key+S to toggle speech mode. I also
use the No Beeps Speech Mode NVDA add-on so that I either have speech or
silence, as there is a third feedback using beeps which I have no use for.
The NVDA Key+S is a true on/off toggle for speech if you use that add-on,
otherwise it is a cycling switch between, off, beep mode, and speech mode.

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become it's
never enough to keep up.

~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent Life
in the Universe"

Bobby <bvinton@...>

Well if you want a good and lite wait word processer you could use a program called jarte

----- Original Message ----- From: "Danni" <luv2ride67@...>

If by "shut off the chatter" you mean to stop NVDA from speaking
while you type, etc., you can use NVDA Key+S to toggle speech mode. I also
use the No Beeps Speech Mode NVDA add-on so that I either have speech or
silence, as there is a third feedback using beeps which I have no use for.
The NVDA Key+S is a true on/off toggle for speech if you use that add-on,
otherwise it is a cycling switch between, off, beep mode, and speech mode.

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become it's
never enough to keep up.

~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent Life
in the Universe"

Rosemarie Chavarria

I use jarte and it's great.

If by "shut off the chatter" you mean to stop NVDA from
speaking
while you type, etc., you can use NVDA Key+S to toggle speech
mode. I also
use the No Beeps Speech Mode NVDA add-on so that I either have
speech or
silence, as there is a third feedback using beeps which I have no
use for.
The NVDA Key+S is a true on/off toggle for speech if you use that
add-on,
otherwise it is a cycling switch between, off, beep mode, and
speech mode.

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become
it's
never enough to keep up.

~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of
Intelligent Life
in the Universe"

My problem with Libra is that half the time it refuses to speak at all either in the menu it puts up about what you want to do or when you get a blank doc up. It needs me to move away and back to get the speech back again.

I'm sure this never used to be the case.
Still, I have other machines with older office on it and that still works, well works again now the new version has been fixed.
PS I'd love to know whose idea Microsoft uses for what is correct grammar, I always turned this off as it makes my texts sound like some kind of idiot wrote it.
I guess it cannot handle colloquialisms.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

If by "shut off the chatter" you mean to stop NVDA from speaking while you type, etc., you can use NVDA Key+S to toggle speech mode. I also use the No Beeps Speech Mode NVDA add-on so that I either have speech or silence, as there is a third feedback using beeps which I have no use for. The NVDA Key+S is a true on/off toggle for speech if you use that add-on, otherwise it is a cycling switch between, off, beep mode, and speech mode.

~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent Life in the Universe"

Danni

I just wanted to be able to make a spread sheet and my computer guy put pibra on the computer but I'd never made a spread sheet before and having NVDA constantly chatter was making it nearly impossibole but once I clicked on formula that chatter went away!

If by "shut off the chatter" you mean to stop NVDA from speaking
while you type, etc., you can use NVDA Key+S to toggle speech mode. I also
use the No Beeps Speech Mode NVDA add-on so that I either have speech or
silence, as there is a third feedback using beeps which I have no use for.
The NVDA Key+S is a true on/off toggle for speech if you use that add-on,
otherwise it is a cycling switch between, off, beep mode, and speech mode.

I worry a lot. . . I worry that no matter how cynical you become it's
never enough to keep up.

~ Trudy, in Jane Wagner's "Search for Signs of Intelligent Life
in the Universe"

Danni

I haven't used it enough to notice any problems and I don't intend to do a lot of spread sheets but it was really tgetting annoying every time I moved a cell it would read what am now assuming was the formula it made it rather hard to keep the brain focussed on what I was doing! haha