Blogging with NVDA

Semirhage

I was wondering if anyone does blogspot or any of those and is one more blind and NVDA accessible than others/ Are any easy?
I'm friends with the monster that's under my bed.
I get along with the voices inside of my head.

Virus-free

Marco Oros

I use a Wordpress with Mozilla Firefox and NVDA.
It worked a great to me. It is very great, althought some things maybe are not accessible. But You can blogging via the Wordpress very good and I prefer a Firefox.

Semirhage

Hi. Thanks. I'll try warders.
So you don't think I.E would work as well as firefox or is it just what you use? I used to like firefox few years back but after all the changes I use IE mostly.

Marco Oros

I prefer to use a Firefox. Threre are some problems in Chrome, maybe It'll be in Internet explorer.
Also, there is a great plugin for firefox for the blind people. You can easily contact me about those things. I know also another people, who knows maybe more, like me.
We don't know everything, We know only something, or something news.

Semirhage

Thanks. If I end up having to go to firefox I will definitely be asking you so thanks.

Gene

What changes?  There have been some changes to the options dialog.  It still retains its old form but now there is no ok button and it's structure is technically more like a web page.  But the user still experiences it pretty much as a ddialog.  You may have to do certain things to get it to work, such as turn off browse mode after you open options.  Similar changes were made in the add ons interface.

Please ask about things here when changes occur so you can see if the changes are just minor annoyances or differences or if they really mean something.  In most cases, Firefox has been superior for years.  It is far better to consult here and try to learn the new changes than switch browsers. 

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2016 6:14 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Blogging with NVDA

So you don't  think I.E would work as well as firefox or is it just what you
use? I used to like firefox  few years back but after all the changes I use
IE mostly.

Gene

Internet Explorer will become increasingly archaic over time. 
It still receives security updates but Microsoft no longer develops it.  Learning how to use Firefox, after the minor interface changes, will both give you access to a truly current browser, and it will, one hopes, make you more comfortable about learning about how to work with changes in other programs as they occur.

I am not advocating never using IE11.  There are times when IE11 and Chrome work better with this or that page, perhaps significantly better. 

But you may become a more versatile and accomplished user by trying to learn how to work with the changes in Firefox as well as use a much more current and better thought of browser.. 

Gene

Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2016 7:34 AM

What changes?  There have been some changes to the options dialog.  It still retains its old form but now there is no ok button and it's structure is technically more like a web page.  But the user still experiences it pretty much as a ddialog.  You may have to do certain things to get it to work, such as turn off browse mode after you open options.  Similar changes were made in the add ons interface.

Please ask about things here when changes occur so you can see if the changes are just minor annoyances or differences or if they really mean something.  In most cases, Firefox has been superior for years.  It is far better to consult here and try to learn the new changes than switch browsers. 

Gene

IE mostly.

Kevin Chao

Microsoft is 100% dedicated to Edge and has left Internet Explorer behind.
Edge accessibility is improving, but a lot slower than we'd like, so it's recommended to explore third-party browsers (e.g. Chrome, Firefox, etc).
Historically, FIrefox has worked great with NVDA, but Chrome a11y has been rapidly itterating and closing the gap with screen readers.

On Sat, Jun 18, 2016 at 5:45 AM Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
Internet Explorer will become increasingly archaic over time. 
It still receives security updates but Microsoft no longer develops it.  Learning how to use Firefox, after the minor interface changes, will both give you access to a truly current browser, and it will, one hopes, make you more comfortable about learning about how to work with changes in other programs as they occur.

I am not advocating never using IE11.  There are times when IE11 and Chrome work better with this or that page, perhaps significantly better. 

But you may become a more versatile and accomplished user by trying to learn how to work with the changes in Firefox as well as use a much more current and better thought of browser.. 

Gene
Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2016 7:34 AM

Gene

IE mostly.

Semirhage

So it seems between Chrome and fire fox then. Kinda nervous about both but I've got to jump in and work with one. Do you guys have preferences? I heard fire fox is better with messengers, but I want to work with blogs first I think.
Sem

Virus-free. www.avast.com

Gene

I don't know anything about how Internet Explorer or the other browsers work with what you want to do.  I'm just saying in general that to try another browser in general might benefit you.

Others may have specific comments about whether this or that browser works better with this or that web site activiby, such as what you are asking about.  If you just ask list members in general which browser they like most among the three you are discussing they will probably tell you they like Firefox in general.  But I consider trying another browser as a way to. I hope, help you lose your fear of change.  That, to me, is as or more important than what you actually want to do.

Gene

Sent: Saturday, June 18, 2016 11:51 PM

So it seems between Chrome and fire fox then. Kinda nervous about both but I've got to jump in and work with one. Do you guys have preferences? I heard fire fox is better with messengers, but I want to work with blogs first I think.
Sem

Semirhage

LOL I don't fear change as much as fear the frustration when things don't work right and I don't know what to do with it. I am comfortable when things work. But with technology moving it has to be done.

Quentin Christensen

It is definitely worth having a couple of browsers available.  While most people have a preference, everyone now and then, you may come across a website which just doesn't work with that browser for some reason.

As others have noted, NVDA works very well with Firefox, and still works very well with Internet Explorer.  Microsoft have said that they will keep the latest version of Internet Explorer up to date at least with security patches etc, although most people would assume that the lions share of development and new features will be directed to Edge.  IE is still included with Windows 10 for those on that platform, it's just not widely advertised by Microsoft - open the start menu and start typing Internet and you should find it first or second in the results.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Sun, Jun 19, 2016 at 2:51 PM, Semirhage <severus13@...> wrote:
Sem

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Ph +61 7 3149 3306 
Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NVAccess 
Twitter: @NVAccess 

Marco Oros

I've written to You, that Firefox is the best choice.
I thing also to the Wiciwig editor in the Wordpress, because this is more difficult to work with It on Google chrome. Otherwise, You'll haveto learn a HTML code and switch writing option at Wordpress i n the Firefox to the text editor.
Maybe text editor is the best choice, but great is to know HTML in this way to stylize text and adding links.
But, ofcourse, this is only mine personal experience.

Hmmm I have never used blogspot but it is blogger and thats google.
I have used a lot of blogs including livejournal and wordpress is the one I use.
wordpress.com helps a lot
wordpress.com/wp-admin is good to open your blog after you make it and then m.wordpress.com will work to make a post in an accessible format.
www.wordpress.org is good for you if you want a blog.
wordpress is actually quite a cool bit of junk.

On 18/06/2016 7:22 p.m., Semirhage wrote:
I was wondering if anyone does blogspot or any of those and is one more blind and NVDA accessible than others/ Are any easy?