Issue With Weather Add On And Barometric Redings

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

Since the last few updates to the Weather Add on, the barometric readings in inches have been hopelessly wrong. They are from between one half and three quarters of an inch low. It may be something in the translation or conversion from KP to MM/inches of mercury, but whatever the case, it is way off. Who could be contacted for this issue?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Ben J. Bloomgren

Are you talking about Weather Plus?

Ben

On 6/20/2016 8:40, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

Since the last few updates to the Weather Add on, the barometric readings in inches have been hopelessly wrong. They are from between one half and three quarters of an inch low. It may be something in the translation or conversion from KP to MM/inches of mercury, but whatever the case, it is way off. Who could be contacted for this issue?

Ron Canazzi

Hi Ben,

Yes, I am talking about that newer weather add on.

On 6/21/2016 9:57 AM, Ben J. Bloomgren wrote:
Are you talking about Weather Plus?

Ben

On 6/20/2016 8:40, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

Since the last few updates to the Weather Add on, the barometric readings in inches have been hopelessly wrong. They are from between one half and three quarters of an inch low. It may be something in the translation or conversion from KP to MM/inches of mercury, but whatever the case, it is way off. Who could be contacted for this issue?

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Antony Stone

How do you know the reported readings are incorrect? What are you comparing
them with?

Have you checked whether the kPa or mm readings are correct, and just the
inches are wrong, or do all measurements vary from some other source of data?

Antony.

On Monday 20 June 2016 at 17:40:44, Ron Canazzi wrote:

Hi Group,

Since the last few updates to the Weather Add on, the barometric
readings in inches have been hopelessly wrong. They are from between
one half and three quarters of an inch low. It may be something in the
translation or conversion from KP to MM/inches of mercury, but whatever
the case, it is way off. Who could be contacted for this issue?
--
It is also possible that putting the birds in a laboratory setting
inadvertently renders them relatively incompetent.

- Daniel C Dennett

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Ron Canazzi

Hi Anthony,

I get reports from Yahoo weather. It is associated with my zip code. According to the latest update and what's new in 3.90, this version is supposed to get its information from Yahoo--unlike the 3.8 version which used a different source and an API code. I use Yahoo and the temperature, sky conditions and wind information are identical, but the barometric pressure information is chronically wrong.