problem with thunderbird and NVDA

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, everyone,

I'm trying thunderbird again but here's the problem I'm having with it. It's not working too well now with NVDA like it did before. Now I have to alt tab to get back to the inbox after writing a message or replying. NVDA crashes with it. What could be going on?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Dan Beaver

Hi Rosemarie,

I am using NVDA and Thunderbird. I am using the latest TB and the latest mainstream version of NVDA under windows 10.

I am experiencing none of the issues you mentioned. I can compose an email and when I hit either send or just close it out it goes back to the mail box I was using.

I am also not seeing the crashes you are.

What version of windows and NVDA are you using?

Dan Beaver

Hi, everyone,

I'm trying thunderbird again but here's the problem I'm having with it. It's not working too well now with NVDA like it did before. Now I have to alt tab to get back to the inbox after writing a message or replying. NVDA crashes with it. What could be going on?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

I do not see any problems like that either. Maybe it could be opening in
a new tab or it might be the page layout I guess you really would have
to see what it is doing.

I am using thunderbird with windows 10 and it is going good for me no
problems here.

A while ago I did put together a page that may help you with
thunderbird. it can be found at
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/accessible%20email%20client%20mozilla%20thunderbird.html

They are pretty much the settings I use here as well as a few others.

Now and again I have either helped sus out what is happening using the
remote support add on if they have it on there machine or over the
phone, but this is more in my own country.
That way at times you can hear what is going on.

Gene nz

[...]

Ben J. Bloomgren

'I'll add another witness account to this in saying that I'm not seeing any of this, be it in Jaws or NVDA.

Ben

On 6/25/2016 9:56, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, everyone,

I'm trying thunderbird again but here's the problem I'm having with it. It's not working too well now with NVDA like it did before. Now I have to alt tab to get back to the inbox after writing a message or replying. NVDA crashes with it. What could be going on?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Robert Mendoza

I don't think that nvda causes of the problem. I may ask if you have installed addons for your Thunderbird. And, secondly did you try to restart the email client program just to have a fine tune. Typically, this steps of basic troubleshooting will somehow solved your problem. Then, let us know what happened after checking.

Robert Mendoza

Hi, everyone,

I'm trying thunderbird again but here's the problem I'm having with it. It's not working too well now with NVDA like it did before. Now I have to alt tab to get back to the inbox after writing a message or replying. NVDA crashes with it. What could be going on?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Robert,

I don't have any add-ons installed. I tried restarting the email program and that didn't help either. NVDA isn't speaking the letters out as I'm typing this. I don't know what else to do except go back to outlook. I like thunderbird better because messages are read out automatically.

osemarie

On 6/25/2016 5:30 PM, Robert Mendoza wrote:
I don't think that nvda causes of the problem. I may ask if you have installed addons for your Thunderbird. And, secondly did you try to restart the email client program just to have a fine tune. Typically, this steps of basic troubleshooting will somehow solved your problem. Then, let us know what happened after checking.

Robert Mendoza

Hi, everyone,

I'm trying thunderbird again but here's the problem I'm having with it. It's not working too well now with NVDA like it did before. Now I have to alt tab to get back to the inbox after writing a message or replying. NVDA crashes with it. What could be going on?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Roger Stewart

Very strange. I'm replying to you using Thunderbird and all my keystrokes are speaking as I type. Do you have speak typed characters turned on? That's about the only thing I can think of. Try nvda key plus number row 2 and check that this is turned on. Hope this fixes it but that's all I can think of. It's working fine here.

Roger

[...]

Hi, Roger,

I do have typed characters turned on so I don't know why this is happening. I'm using outlook to reply to this message.

Rosemarie

[...]

Hi, Ben,

I don't know what to think. The thunderbird inbox had my personal messages in it so I went to the "all mail" folder and read messages from there. Could the fact that it has a high number of messages have something to do with it? Just wondering.

Rosemarie

'I'll add another witness account to this in saying that I'm not seeing any of this, be it in Jaws or NVDA.

Ben

On 6/25/2016 9:56, Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hi, everyone,

I'm trying thunderbird again but here's the problem I'm having with
it. It's not working too well now with NVDA like it did before. Now I
have to alt tab to get back to the inbox after writing a message or
replying. NVDA crashes with it. What could be going on?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Gene NZ,

I'm wondering if I have too many messages in my "all mail" folder. I had (I say had because I unstalled thunderbird) my inbox for personal messages so I'm just curious.

Rosemarie

[...]

I read the page but it wasn't helpful.

[...]

The all mail folder is messages from real folders aggregated in an artificial folder.  I'm doubtful that the number of messages is the problem but its easy enough to check.  Open some messages in a real folder and see if you have any of the same problems.

Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2016 11:13 PM

Hi, Gene NZ,

I'm wondering if I have too many messages in my "all mail" folder. I had (I say had because I unstalled thunderbird) my inbox for personal messages so I'm just curious.

Rosemarie

I do not see any problems like that either. Maybe it could be opening in a new tab or it might be the page layout I guess you really would have to see what it is doing.

I am using thunderbird with windows 10 and it is going good for me no problems here.

A while ago I did put together a page that may help  you with
thunderbird. it can be found at
http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/accessible%20email%20client%20mozilla%20thunderbird.html

They are pretty much the settings I use here as well as a few others.

Now and again I have either helped sus out what is happening using the
remote support add on if they have it on there machine or over the
phone, but this is more in my own country.
That way at times you can hear what is going on.

Gene nz

> Hi, everyone,
>

> I'm trying thunderbird again but here's the problem I'm having with
> it. It's not working too well now with NVDA like it did before. Now I
> have to alt tab to get back to the inbox after writing a message or
> replying. NVDA crashes with it. What could be going on?
>

> Thanks for your help in advance.
>

> Rosemarie

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Gene,

Thanks for the tip. I didn't think of that. I'll open some messages in a real folder and see what happens.