Topics

Why ar NVDA next versions playing two musics when are installing?

Ângelo Abrantes

Ângelo Abrantes

---

Quentin Christensen

Is it playing it one after the other, or at the same time?

Also, are you running Windows 10 insider builds?  I updated to the Fast Insider build that came out this morning 17677, and I immediately noticed that I was getting a crackling, almost reverb effect.  If that is the case, when you reboot the computer, it should go away.  I am using the built-in Realtek audio on my HP desktop, and it generally works ok.

Quentin.

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 8:15 PM, Ângelo Abrantes <ampa4374@...> wrote:
Ângelo Abrantes

---

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Ângelo Abrantes

it's playing it one after the other,and i'm using windows7,

I am using the built-in Realtek audio on my computer.
Thanks.
Ângelo Abrantes
Às 11:23 de 01-06-2018, Quentin Christensen escreveu:
Is it playing it one after the other, or at the same time?

Also, are you running Windows 10 insider builds?  I updated to the Fast Insider build that came out this morning 17677, and I immediately noticed that I was getting a crackling, almost reverb effect.  If that is the case, when you reboot the computer, it should go away.  I am using the built-in Realtek audio on my HP desktop, and it generally works ok.

Quentin.

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 8:15 PM, Ângelo Abrantes <ampa4374@...> wrote:
Ângelo Abrantes

---

Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess

Avast logo

Quentin Christensen

Interesting, is this when you first run the installer, or after you install it and it starts up?  And is it a specific amount of times (twice, three times) or continuously?

In any case, does rebooting help?

On Fri, Jun 1, 2018 at 9:10 PM, Ângelo Abrantes <ampa4374@...> wrote:

[...]

when I begin to run the installer, after update.

It plays the normal music, and then, before starting the installation, it plays the same music again.

Greetings.
Ângelo Abrantes

Às 12:13 de 01-06-2018, Quentin Christensen escreveu:

[...]

Chris

Is that not normal then?

Whilst it extracts the files?

--

Ângelo Abrantes

The problem does not appear while the files are being extracted, at which point I hear several beeps.

The situation appears immediately after you have answered the NVDA question.

In the next update, I'll try to disable avast, as I'm tempted to think it might be a virus issue.

Greetings.
Ângelo Abrantes
Angelo Abrantes
Às 13:40 de 01-06-2018, Chris via Groups.Io escreveu:

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Its not doing it here, I just updated two different versions.
However back in the old XP days the very last version of xp nvda master branch did give the close down tones twice on all machines running xp.
Thus far not heard anything odd in windows 7 or 10.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-