Password Protection Software

Jolene Cardenas

Hello everyone,

Can someone please suggest a password protection software that is
compatible with both Windows 10 and NVDA?
I am looking for one I could use to password-protect a couple of big
external hard drives and a couple of Flash Drives, but I'm unsure how
to go about the search for such a program.
Thank you.

aloha,

Jolene.

Felix G.

Hi!
BitLocker is a component of some Windows versions and its functionality is exactly what you are looking for, namely, securing drives.
Then of course there is TrueCrypt, which is no longer officially maintained but has been independently audited and deemed secure. TrueCrypt is free and open source.
Kind regards,
Felix Grützmacher

Jolene Cardenas <joe.haiku@...> schrieb am Mi., 29. Juni 2016 um 02:34 Uhr:

Hello everyone,

Can someone please suggest a password protection software that is
compatible with both Windows 10 and NVDA?
I am looking for one I could use to password-protect  a couple of big
external hard drives and a couple of Flash Drives, but I'm unsure how
to go about the search for such a program.
Thank you.

aloha,

Jolene.

Jolene Cardenas

Hello Felix,

Thank you for the suggestions!

I will test Bitlocker (for Windows 10) first to see how user-friendly
it is with NVDA, and if I run in to trouble, I'll try out TrueCrypt.

Take care, and have a good day.

aloha,

Jolene.

Felix G.

Hello Jolene,
it's completely accessible, and the great thing is that it can encrypt and password-protect entire drives with pre-existing content. So you won't need to reformat the drive, protect it, then copy your original content onto it. So if you trust Microsoft's encryption it's the way to go.
Kind regards,
Felix