Topics

Slack accessibility status?

Thanks! Is there an accessible desktop client yet? What is the status of automatic reading of incoming messages using ARIA? Is there an accessibility blog category I can keep up with? I would like to continue to get accessibility updates. I tried it, and, it works best on windows with FireFox. Sometimes, the sounds stutter when NVDA is talking, but this only happens in FireFox 60. Thanks again and keep me informed!

On 6/2/2018 1:42 AM, Tomi (Slack) wrote:
# Please type your reply above this line #

Tomi (Slack)

Jun 1, 11:42 PM PDT

Hi Robert,

I'm just jumping in for Alan and Bel to let you know that we've added in-channel notification sounds for messages, @-mentions, and highlight words, and this should work for your NVDA + Windows configuration.

I hope this helps! Best,

Tomi

Get unlimited apps, access to all your messages, and so much more: my.slack.com/pricing?ce

This email is a service from Slack.
[44DPZY-YZXO]

Sarah k Alawami

I don't think there is an blog on accessibility. They say they will work on it. I don't use any clients but the one on my phone due to the inaccessibility and slow usage of the sites and web apps.

On Jun 2, 2018, at 9:55 AM, Robert Kingett <kingettr@...> wrote:

[...]

Sylvie Duchateau

Hello Robert and all,
I use Slack every day for my work with colleagues.
The telephone app works fine, but it is out of topic of this list.
I did not manage to use the desktop application that was not accessible when I tested it.
I use it now with Chrome, because Firefox used to be very slow.
I installed a script developed by NV-Access working with the script manager tampermonkey and it works fine.
Here is the link for the script:
https://github.com/nvaccess/axSGrease
You can set slack to not announce all notifications.
the script manager, tampermonkey can be found here:
http://tampermonkey.net/
I hope this helps.
Best
Sylvie