Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2018 10:05 AM
Subject: [nvda] reading very big texts in command-line applications, for example sdkmanager #addonrelease #addonrelease #addonrelesae

Hi all! Advise, please, how to read very long information messages in applications of a command line tools with NVDA? For example, in dialogues of SDKManager. Simple commands text viewing allow to read only a small part of long dialogues. Objects navigation commands and commands of review cursor also not worked.
Therefore i can't check the list of available addons to install in command-line tools "sdkmanager" - list addons is very big.

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Since you mentioned that the text is “very big”, it sounds like maybe it’s scrolling off the screen. This isn’t anything to do with NVDA, but it should make it easier to review a long stream of command line output. Type in your command string and append “|more”, to it, without quotes, but including the vertical bar | symbol. When text reaches the bottom of the screen you will see a prompt to press a key, which causes the text to scroll forward another screen. This will keep happening until the command output has finished.

Hi all! Advise, please, how to read very long information messages in applications of a command line tools with NVDA? For example, in dialogues of SDKManager. Simple commands text viewing allow to read only a small part of long dialogues. Objects navigation commands and commands of review cursor also not worked.
Therefore i can't check the list of available addons to install in command-line tools "sdkmanager" - list addons is very big.

Jackie

Another thing I often do is pipe the text to a file, like:
netstat /B > connections.txt

Then I can just open connections.txt in my favorite text editor & look
to my heart's content.

On 6/3/18, JM Casey <crystallogic@...> wrote:
Since you mentioned that the text is “very big”, it sounds like maybe it’s
scrolling off the screen. This isn’t anything to do with NVDA, but it should
make it easier to review a long stream of command line output. Type in your
command string and append “|more”, to it, without quotes, but including the
vertical bar | symbol. When text reaches the bottom of the screen you will
see a prompt to press a key, which causes the text to scroll forward another
screen. This will keep happening until the command output has finished.

example sdkmanager #addonrelease #addonrelease #addonrelesae

Hi all! Advise, please, how to read very long information messages in
applications of a command line tools with NVDA? For example, in dialogues of
SDKManager. Simple commands text viewing allow to read only a small part of
long dialogues. Objects navigation commands and commands of review cursor
also not worked.
Therefore i can't check the list of available addons to install in
command-line tools "sdkmanager" - list addons is very big.

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

JM Casey <crystallogic@...>

Yes, this also works great, and very handy if you want to keep info around.

for example sdkmanager #addonrelease #addonrelease #addonrelesae

--
Remember! Friends Help Friends Be Cybersafe Jackie McBride Helping Cybercrime Victims 1 Person at a Time https://brighter-vision.com

Jackie

Even if you don't, it works well because it's hard to review something
once you've pressed the 'more' key again.

On 6/3/18, JM Casey <crystallogic@...> wrote:
Yes, this also works great, and very handy if you want to keep info around.

for example sdkmanager #addonrelease #addonrelease #addonrelesae

Hi all! Advise, please, how to read very long information messages in
applications of a command line tools with NVDA? For example, in
dialogues of SDKManager. Simple commands text viewing allow to read
only a small part of long dialogues. Objects navigation commands and
commands of review cursor also not worked.
Therefore i can't check the list of available addons to install in
command-line tools "sdkmanager" - list addons is very big.

--
Remember! Friends Help Friends Be Cybersafe Jackie McBride Helping
Cybercrime Victims 1 Person at a Time https://brighter-vision.com

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes me too, very handy and you can append by using>> of course
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

example sdkmanager #addonrelease #addonrelease #addonrelesae

Hi all! Advise, please, how to read very long information messages in
applications of a command line tools with NVDA? For example, in dialogues of
SDKManager. Simple commands text viewing allow to read only a small part of
long dialogues. Objects navigation commands and commands of review cursor
also not worked.
Therefore i can't check the list of available addons to install in
command-line tools "sdkmanager" - list addons is very big.

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

Vova Mobile

Thank you all!