i need list of accessible browsers

hello every one.
i wish that find list of browsers based on chrome and based on firefox
and level of there accessibility.
how can i find such list?
can someone please send me the link?
also, did someone test opera recently to see its accessibility?
how about chromium, slimjet and vivaldi?
i appreciate any help, God bless you all!

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Antony Stone

I do not think you will find such a list, because:

1. browsers change too quickly, with new releases, bug fixes, extra features
etc, so it would be a lot of work to keep any list up to date with these
changes

2. there isn't a single measure of "accessibility" because some browser
features work better with NVDA than with JAWS, some work better with JAWS than
with Voiceover, some work better with Braille than with speech output, so
there isn't a single way of measuring the accessibility of a browser that is
meaningful to everyone

3. it also depends on what sort of websites you visit and what you want to do
with your browser, so for some purposes and users one browser / screenreader
combination may be best, but for other uses and users that may not be the best
choice.

Regards,

Antony.

On Monday 04 June 2018 at 11:31:32, zahra wrote:

hello every one.
i wish that find list of browsers based on chrome and based on firefox
and level of there accessibility.
how can i find such list?
can someone please send me the link?
also, did someone test opera recently to see its accessibility?
how about chromium, slimjet and vivaldi?
i appreciate any help, God bless you all!
--
I wasn't sure about having a beard at first, but then it grew on me.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

hi antony,
for number 2, as you know, i only have nvda on windows and dont know
and dont have any operating systems and screen reader except windows
and nvda.
i dont use video websites, online shopp, games, messengers, etc.
so, i need the information for general usage of browsers in
accessibility with nvda,
the browsers that are based on gecko and chrome,
and also specially about the browsers that i mentioned there names in
my previous comment.
please help, thanks so much, God bless you!

On 6/4/18, Antony Stone <antony.stone@nvda.open.source.it> wrote:
[...]

If you're looking for a list which is tuned to your personal criteria, then
you are the best person to create such a list, based on your own assessment of
what works well and what doesn't.

If you're looking for a general list which may be applicable to people other
than yourself, then I think I've already given reasons why it doesn't exist.

Antony.

On Monday 04 June 2018 at 12:21:27, zahra wrote:

[...]

Wanted: telepath. You know where to apply.

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

but many people experienced different browsers and i wish that know
your experience as well as other users observation and test with other
browsers.
which of the browsers that i mentioned did you test?
chromium, vivaldi, slimjet and opera.
i need chrome based browsers for reading pdfs and there is not any
perfect and accessible free program that can supports farsi pdf files
for me.
also, between chromium and google chrome, which one is the best
program for accessibility using with nvda?

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Onn of the problems you will find is that most are 64 bit so if you are still using 32 bit computers, you are not going to be able to run them. Unfortunately, Firefox 52.8esr is very slow to start on older hardware.
I did try to find a usable installer fro xp chrome but it seems to have been deleted from every site I've looked at and there is no guarantee that even if it were the full installer that it would be able to work very well with newer web sites.
I think most of the others like pale moon and vivaldi based on firefox are either so cut down there is no accessibility api or they suffer the same issue of slowdown on firefox esr.
The only thing I can say and its really at ones own risk is that older versions say 45 of firefox are considerably faster on xp and slower hardware but may not be totally safe or have much support left.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

i wish that find list of browsers based on chrome and based on firefox
and level of there accessibility.
how can i find such list?
can someone please send me the link?
also, did someone test opera recently to see its accessibility?
how about chromium, slimjet and vivaldi?
i appreciate any help, God bless you all!

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens
with all they contain
in order that
I may disobey God
by depriving an ant
from the husk of a grain of barley,
I would not do it.
imam ali

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I don't know slimjet but Opera was rubbish for me.
I have not tried others as as you say they are based on the same basic engines so there really is no point. Most of them are based around the google code or the mozilla code. I am currently liking waterfox but its based around the 64 bit version of the pre quanntum firefox. It is however much snappier than the firefox vversion.
[...]

thanks brian for your help.
yes, i use 32bit and wish that use 32bit system and softwares forever.
how about slimjet, chromium and opera?
did you test any of these softwares too?
do you mean that all firefox 52esr versions of firefox are slow on xp
and old hardwares?
the only version of firefox which i did not have any crash or
slowness, was firefox 25

[...]

there isn't much of a list anyway.

1.  internet explorer, though thats old, insecure and crashes a lot.

2.  edge, its a replacement but you choose if you like it.

3.  chrome, just about everyone uses this somewhere it can be good or not you choose.

4.  waterfox, this may change but its old firefox with a bit more improvement.

5.  firefox esr 52 which is fine or 60 which well I don't use.

6.  firefox normal which I don't use but if you have a fast cpu and loads of ram and don't need to fiddle with visual controls its probably ok.

7.  opera, unknown myself.

Those are the major platforms the blind can use.

of course, thats subjective.

There are loads of ports for web brousers, there are older ports and shells for internet explorer like webformatter or web ie but these are out of date and antivirus can mark them as a problem.

Over that you have choice.

Web brousers that may work are sea monkey, the origional mozilla engine, netscape communicater 4x 5zx or 3 x.

Internet explorer 8 if you can find it, or 6 if you can find it but not much runs on that.

Your best bet if you have no idea is to be safe.

Safe brousers right now for me are waterfox and chrome and maybe firefox?

Ie is good for a few things but I wouldn't trust my data to it unless a site needs it, some things just crash with other stuff <sigh>

Edge, is edge.

Status may be heading towards accessibility but with ms being ms the trust I have for win10 is as only good as the current build I am on.

Every build requires you to relearn some of it, in most cases I have been able to for the most part shut down all the new stuff I don't care about and continue as I am.

I am concerned with microsoft getting github though.

Lets see, shut down everything so everyone needs to use microsoft software.

Lets hope microsoft are not brought out by twitter.

On 6/4/2018 10:31 PM, Antony Stone wrote:
[...]

Walker, Michael E

The latest Mozilla Firefox with NVDA 2018.1.1 works fine for me on Windows 10.

[...]

Certainly the latest and last 32 bit firefox using the old engine takes minutes to come in when first launched and feels spongy on xp single processor machines. The version 45 of firefox is still reasonable on the machine but you need to stop it updating itself.
I have not had any luck finding the others you mention that run on xp machines now. maybe there are old versions out there but I think they are two based on firefox and the other on chrome.

[...]

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

have a look on my nvda road tested programs page which is off my web
site at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/

then when you are on that page jump down to a heading called browsers or
it may be supported browsers. When the list was put together  back then
they were the browsers that worked with nvda from feed back from the
community.

Gene nz

On 6/4/2018 9:31 PM, zahra wrote:
hello every one.
i wish that find list of browsers based on chrome and based on firefox
and level of there accessibility.
how can i find such list?
can someone please send me the link?
also, did someone test opera recently to see its accessibility?
how about chromium, slimjet and vivaldi?
i appreciate any help, God bless you all!

Rosemarie Chavarria

If you're looking for a perfect browser, you won't find one. You could try waterfox and see if that works for you.

On 6/4/2018 3:46 AM, zahra wrote:
[...]

hi gene nz.
can you please send me direct link of your tutorial?
i did not find it in your website now.
hi shaun.
thanks so much for your explanation.
but between google chrome and chromium, which one is better for
accessibility with nvda?
did you test chromium to explane for me about diffrences between
google chrome and chromium?

On 6/4/2018 3:46 AM, zahra wrote:
[...]

hi brian.
thanks so much for your explanations and guide.
firefox 52.6 and later are very slow on my system when starting time
or openning dynamic websites (i believe its because of the spectre
patch!
but i even i tested firefox 45.9, it was faster, but not very much.
i have a problem recently using firefox esr (any esr version that tested)
nvda reads this message for me when openning many https websites.

The connection was interrupted while the page was loading.
The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the
authenticity of the received data could not be verified. Please
contact the website owners to inform them of this problem.

yesterday, i reinstalled firefox 51 and fixed both the error issue and
slowness on xp.
i think that it even open websites faster, so, i believe that i should
use firefox 51 forever and never update it!
hi rosemarie.
thanks for your suggestion, but i use 32bit windows, and dont need and
dont like 64bit windows and 64bit browsers!

On 6/4/2018 3:46 AM, zahra wrote:
[...]

hi again gene nz.
i searched in google and found this link.
it has very basic explanations for browsers and i encourage you that
in general, update this page freequently, because of the rapid changes
in the softwares.

http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/nvda_road_tested_programs.html
by the way, it not mentioned chromium.
is chromium realy accessible?
and which one is better in terms of accessibility, google chrome or chromium?

/
[...]

I think cromium is a operating system and not a browser?

can some one correct me on this?

Hank

On 6/4/2018 3:46 AM, zahra wrote:
[...]

check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

chromium is a browser that google chrome is based on.
because chromium is an opensource program that different companies
made different browsers based on it.