transfor q using file zilla with nvda?

Hello how do I find out how much I got left of a download with nvda and file zilla?

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Sarah k Alawami

Can you use object navigation to know how many files and or folders you have left?

Take care

On Jun 4, 2018, at 9:14 PM, The Wolf <hank.smith966@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello how do I find out how much I got left of a download with nvda and file zilla?

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Gene

You may be able to find information by tabbing from the folder where you started the file download, perhaps once, as in my case, perhaps twice.  I'm not sure how settings affecting what is shown in the interface effect where the list I'm discussing is.  When you tab, you may be in a list.  Up arrow, then down arrow once.  Are you on an item that tells you information about the download?  Or you can use object navigation.  I would thing screen review would work as wwell.
Go to the bottom of the screen with shift numpad 9.  Then move up by line, numpad 7.  You should find information very close to the bottom or a little farther toward the top.  If you move up more than seven or eight times and don't find it, you won't.  Also, maximize the screen before trying these things.

I've described things using my old version of FileZilla.  I don't know if things have changed in the newer versions.

Hello how do I find out how much I got left of a download with nvda and
file zilla?

thanks

Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Roger Stewart

I know of no way to do this.  Maybe an add on could be made with a hot key to announce this information. However, NVDA will announce when all transfers are complete.

Roger

On 6/4/2018 11:14 PM, The Wolf wrote:
Hello how do I find out how much I got left of a download with nvda and file zilla?

thanks

Hank

Mohamed

Actually, you can partially view it by reading the FileZilla status bar with NVDA+end (desktop) or NVDA+shift+end (laptop).

On 6/5/2018 4:04 PM, Roger Stewart wrote:
I know of no way to do this.  Maybe an add on could be made with a hot key to announce this information. However, NVDA will announce when all transfers are complete.

Roger

On 6/4/2018 11:14 PM, The Wolf wrote:
Hello how do I find out how much I got left of a download with nvda and file zilla?

thanks

Hank

Gene

It appears to me that the status line doesn't reflect progress properly.  I don't recall what it doesn't do, at least in my version, but I stopped using it shortly after I tried because the information didn't match that in the other places where download information can be seen.

I'm using an older version and that may not be true in newer versions.

Actually, you can partially view it by reading the FileZilla status bar
with NVDA+end (desktop) or NVDA+shift+end (laptop).

On 6/5/2018 4:04 PM, Roger Stewart wrote:
> I know of no way to do this.  Maybe an add on could be made with a hot
> key to announce this information. However, NVDA will announce when all
> transfers are complete.
>
> Roger
>

> On 6/4/2018 11:14 PM, The Wolf wrote:
>> Hello how do I find out how much I got left of a download with nvda
>> and file zilla?
>>
>> thanks
>>
>> Hank

is there a way you could send me the older version?

is there betters one to use that is blind friendly

ftp clients that is
thanks
Hank

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Gene

See this page.  It doesn't list the old versions as supporting recent versions of Windows but I don't think that means anything, unless, perhaps the versions are really old, and I still don't know if it matters.

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Gene

I forgot to give the link:

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Gene

I should add that the version I'm using is very old.  It's version 2.2.28.  I don't know if it will support the version of Windows you are using.

I believe you will find it on the page I linked to.  If not, if you specifically want that version, I can put it in my Drop Box account.

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Gene

Also, I found out that the address, as shown in the address bar of my browser, doesn't work to get to the page.  Here is the corrected address:

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

Gene

I checked.  it's on the page but I would certainly start with a much newer version.

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y