Using SecureCRT on a notebook computer

John J. Boyer

Hello,

I've been experimenting with SecureCRT. I can log in, but then it says Term and won't do anything. I'm using a Braille
display. If I get past the login problem, does Braille have to be tethered to review? the computer does not have a
separate numpad. How can I use my display?

Thanks,
John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...

Antony Stone

Have you tried asking support@... whether this application works with
screenreaders in general, and with NVDA in particular?

Antony.

On Wednesday 06 June 2018 at 13:23:09, John J. Boyer wrote:

Hello,

I've been experimenting with SecureCRT. I can log in, but then it says Term
and won't do anything. I'm using a Braille display. If I get past the
login problem, does Braille have to be tethered to review? the computer
does not have a separate numpad. How can I use my display?

Thanks,
John
--
Douglas was one of those writers who honourably failed to get anywhere with
'weekending'. It put a premium on people who could write things that lasted

- Geoffrey Perkins, about Douglas Adams

Please reply to the list;
please *don't* CC me.

Louis Maher <ljmaher03@...>

Hi John.

My information is three years out of date.

When I used this type of software, it was necessary for your screen reader to track the cursor. You will probably need for the cursor to blink as fast as possible. You should experiment with a cursor that looks like a block, or a horizontal or vertical line. It might be worth contacting your screen-reader's provider to find out the best way to track the cursor.

I used JAWS. I did not have to use the review mode to access the line the cursor was on.

I used SecureCRT to access the Linux environment for many years.

I apologize, but I have forgotten my own cursor settings.

Regards
Louis Maher
Phone: 713-444-7838
E-mail ljmaher03@...

website: https://nam01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.abilitiessoft.org&data=02%7C01%7C%7C6cc734672ed94a20807408d5cb9fe3dc%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C636638809929659861&sdata=j96h%2FiYYaNvZLrHrD53uOtL7PrGNYWS7lUkvDxJP9OE%3D&reserved=0