Is it supposed to work with NVDA and if so any idea why it takes so long to load? my computre updated without my permission "I'd had it marked never update" and am getting the same problem I did in november when it updated! I go to a site and wait and wait for it to load or click start escape taskbar over to page I was waiting on to find it works why is it doing this? and is there a fix?

Sarah k Alawami

It loads quite fast for me, as far as I know and I'm using firefox 60.x I think. All pages load quickly like they are supposed to.

On Jun 8, 2018, at 8:07 AM, Danni <luv2ride67@...> wrote:

Is it supposed to work with NVDA and if so any idea why it takes so long to load? my computre updated without my permission "I'd had it marked never update" and am getting the same problem I did in november when it updated! I go to a site and wait and wait for it to load or click start escape taskbar over to page I was waiting on to find it works why is it doing this? and is there a fix?

Danni

Hmm wish I could say the same but it takes too long for me so maybe am gonna have to go back to an older version again sigh!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2018 8:23 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Firefox Quantum?

It loads quite fast for me, as far as I know and I'm using firefox 60.x I think. All pages load quickly like they are supposed to.

On Jun 8, 2018, at 8:07 AM, Danni <luv2ride67@...> wrote:

Is it supposed to work with NVDA and if so any idea why it takes so long to load? my computre updated without my permission "I'd had it marked never update" and am getting the same problem I did in november when it updated! I go to a site and wait and wait for it to load or click start escape taskbar over to page I was waiting on to find it works why is it doing this? and is there a fix?

Gene

Perhaps different users have different experiences after the changes and improvements on the initial changes.

I've probably written about this here before.  Use a portable version of Firefox to avoid the problem of the program updating.  It isn't supposed to but if you use a portable version, even if it updates, you can have a copy of the program as a backup.  just by copying the folder to another location.  Then all you have to do is delete the folder with the updated version and copy the backup folder to the same location.  Export book marks over time so you can import them into the backup verxsion after you've copied it to the location where you want it.

You can get portable versions of Firefox here:
ESR versions are on this page as well as not ESR versions.

And I think it’s a good idea to use the portable version even if you don't have this kind of problem.  If it ever becomes corrupted, you can replace it, as I described above.  You don't have to know how to troubleshoot the program.  Just replace it with the backed up version.

Sent: Friday, June 08, 2018 10:23 AM

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 08:14 am, Danni wrote:
Is it supposed to work with NVDA and if so any idea why it takes so long to load?
What add-ons are you using?   This sounds like it could very well be an issue with an add-on.  I would definitely try restarting Firefox in its safe mode (which is unrelated to Windows Safe Mode) and see if the issue persists.  Take a look at:  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode

Danni

I am not aware of any add ons on it thanks I'll read this and thanks Gene much apreciate all this info!

On Fri, Jun 8, 2018 at 08:14 am, Danni wrote:
Is it supposed to work with NVDA and if so any idea why it takes so long to load?
What add-ons are you using?   This sounds like it could very well be an issue with an add-on.  I would definitely try restarting Firefox in its safe mode (which is unrelated to Windows Safe Mode) and see if the issue persists.  Take a look at:  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/troubleshoot-firefox-issues-using-safe-mode

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Yes well, I find that for some reason firefox never seems to tell nvda its finished loading the page since way back in version45, well sometimes it will but most times hitting alt and esc suddenly reveals the page is in fact there. I now am using waterfox64 and I have no issues at all, so it has something to do with firefox. I think it clogs up the processor core that is running nvda making it not see the signal that the has loaded.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Hmm wish I could say the same but it takes too long for me so maybe am gonna have to go back to an older version again sigh!
It loads quite fast for me, as far as I know and I'm using firefox 60.x I think. All pages load quickly like they are supposed to.

On Jun 8, 2018, at 8:07 AM, Danni <luv2ride67@...> wrote:

Is it supposed to work with NVDA and if so any idea why it takes so long to load? my computre updated without my permission "I'd had it marked never update" and am getting the same problem I did in november when it updated! I go to a site and wait and wait for it to load or click start escape taskbar over to page I was waiting on to find it works why is it doing this? and is there a fix?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

In my case, it seems not to be the add ons, as this was the first thing I tried. I think that Firefox can max out the processor core and cause nvda to miss the fact that page loading has finished.
Waterfox does not seem to do this, and its nothing to do with not being Quantum as it started happening before that at around version 45.

--

*Brian* *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

~ H.L. Mencken , AKA The Sage of Baltimore