Topics

NVDA and pizza sites

David Mehler

Hello,

My apologies if this is a repeat message. I sent t his to another list
and didn't get very much.

Is anyone using NVDA with online food ordering sites? In particular
online pizza ordering sites, dominos.com and pizzahut.com? I'm
particularly wanting to do custom ordering, but this really doesn't
work.

Thanks.
Dave.

It really needs more info, as I'm sure these sites vary a lot. I have in the past heard that some of these sights are using flash a lot and pictures with no tagging etc, instead of words and proper native html fields.
I'd have hoped by now, this was a couple of years ago, they might have made their sites accessible though. Not into this myself I have to say. Awash just asked by a friend to have a poke about and it was utter rubbish for the blind.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

My apologies if this is a repeat message. I sent t his to another list
and didn't get very much.

Is anyone using NVDA with online food ordering sites? In particular
online pizza ordering sites, dominos.com and pizzahut.com? I'm
particularly wanting to do custom ordering, but this really doesn't
work.

Thanks.
Dave.

David Mehler

Hello,

Unfortunately that's my perceptions so far as well. I would have hoped
that prominent businesses would not be doing this as it alienates
customers but there you go.

[...]

Danni

I complained once to pizza hut and they promptly put a link on their site for visually impaired users to use their mobile site for ordering but last time I tried ordering online which was a while ago it was not user friendly any more sadly!

I did attempt using papajohns.com the other day and it did seem to work pretty well so if that 1 is in your area it's worth trying!