From: "Brennen Kinch" <brennenkinch@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2018 2:26 AM
Subject: [nvda] URL links

hi does anyone know if there’s a way to take a URL link and convert it into an HTML file

I really didn't understood what do you meant.
Anyway, have you already tried to save the page? You can do it simple pressing CTRL+S when you have opened the desired link.
Hope this helps

Cheers,
Marcio

Em 08/06/2018 22:26, Brennen Kinch escreveu:

hi does anyone know if there’s a way to take a URL link and convert it into an HTML file

Brennen Kinch

actually i didn’t think about that i will have to try that
there is something i am trying to do that requires me to have the webpage in a html file instead of a URL link

On Jun 9, 2018, at 4:12 AM, marcio via Groups.Io <marcinhorj21@...> wrote:

I really didn't understood what do you meant.
Anyway, have you already tried to save the page? You can do it simple pressing CTRL+S when you have opened the desired link.
Hope this helps

Cheers,
Marcio

Em 08/06/2018 22:26, Brennen Kinch escreveu:
hi does anyone know if there’s a way to take a URL link and convert it into an HTML file

I said it before, in the other topic, but I guess it bears repeating here:

Are you asking how to save a webpage as HTML source?  That can be done in any web browser.  In Chrome it's under the More Tools submenu, Save page as item and in Firefox it's in the main menu, same option name as Chrome uses.

If you're asking about a utility that you can hand a URL and have it generate HTML for embedding, for instance, they definitely exist.  See:  https://www.textfixer.com/html/convert-url-to-html-link.php  for one that you can use online.  A command line version has to exist, too, but I didn't dig long enough to find that.

Brennen Kinch

okay thank you for the ideas i am not exactly sure what i am looking fore i just know it has to be in something other than a URL link

On Jun 9, 2018, at 10:26 AM, Brian Vogel <britechguy@...> wrote:

I said it before, in the other topic, but I guess it bears repeating here:

Are you asking how to save a webpage as HTML source?  That can be done in any web browser.  In Chrome it's under the More Tools submenu, Save page as item and in Firefox it's in the main menu, same option name as Chrome uses.

If you're asking about a utility that you can hand a URL and have it generate HTML for embedding, for instance, they definitely exist.  See:  https://www.textfixer.com/html/convert-url-to-html-link.php  for one that you can use online.  A command line version has to exist, too, but I didn't dig long enough to find that.

You don't have a file in  a URL link.

First, the URL of a file is what the link tells the browser.  So you either say URL or link.  Saying both is reduntant.  What is the link or what is the URL?  Not both.

A link is how you get to a file.  It tells the browser where to go to open and display the file.  The file is using html for formatting and to tell the browser how to display other things.   It's a code such as is used in a word processor to tell the word processor how to display the document.

You can save a web page as an html document and in other formats such as a text file.  But a link has nothing to do with the file itself.  It just tells the browser where the file is.

Sent: Saturday, June 09, 2018 7:09 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] URL links

actually i didn’t think about that i will have to try that
there is something i am trying to do that requires me to have the webpage in a html file instead of a URL link
> On Jun 9, 2018, at 4:12 AM, marcio via Groups.Io <marcinhorj21@...> wrote:
>
> I really didn't understood what do you meant.
> Anyway, have you already tried to save the page? You can do it simple pressing CTRL+S when you have opened the desired link.
> Hope this helps
>
> Cheers,
> Marcio
>
> Em 08/06/2018 22:26, Brennen Kinch escreveu:
>> hi does anyone know if there’s a way to take a URL link and convert it into an HTML file

Brian's Mail list account

As long as its not an active page or one that uses javascript to get at remotely stored data, then saving it and using it offline works well.

Of course these days with in line advertising being inserted from other severs, what you may think is a simple page is anything but quite often.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

actually i didn’t think about that i will have to try that
there is something i am trying to do that requires me to have the webpage in a html file instead of a URL link
On Jun 9, 2018, at 4:12 AM, marcio via Groups.Io <marcinhorj21@...> wrote:

I really didn't understood what do you meant.
Anyway, have you already tried to save the page? You can do it simple pressing CTRL+S when you have opened the desired link.
Hope this helps

Cheers,
Marcio

Em 08/06/2018 22:26, Brennen Kinch escreveu:
hi does anyone know if there’s a way to take a URL link and convert it into an HTML file

Brian's Mail list account

As a slight sidestep here. I am getting really annoyed of late with companies sending emails with instead of the link being obvious, its hidden behind text in some way.This gives me a problem as I often need to edit a script for reading onto a recording and cutting and pasting such email content strips the url hidden completely.

--

*Brian* *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

~ H.L. Mencken , AKA The Sage of Baltimore

Jonathan COHN

Hello,

The commands curl and wget can be used to directly retrieve files to your system given the URL. I don't believe either of these commands work for streaming media and you will need to install them to work at all. I believe the wget command allows one to get all referenced URL's in an HTML file while the curl command has options to send user name / password and support for cookies also.

HTH,

Jonathan Cohn

On 6/8/18, 9:29 PM, "nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of Brennen Kinch" <nvda@nvda.groups.io on behalf of brennenkinch@...> wrote:

hi does anyone know if there’s a way to take a URL link and convert it into an HTML file

Ervin, Glenn

Sometimes if I am suspect of the URL in a message, I use the applications key and select "copy link" and paste it into Notepad and inspect it.
Glenn

I said it before, in the other topic, but I guess it bears repeating here:

Are you asking how to save a webpage as HTML source? That can be done in any
web browser. In Chrome it's under the More Tools submenu, Save page as item
and in Firefox it's in the main menu, same option name as Chrome uses.

If you're asking about a utility that you can hand a URL and have it
generate HTML for embedding, for instance, they definitely exist. See:
https://www.textfixer.com/html/convert-url-to-html-link.php for one that you
can use online. A command line version has to exist, too, but I didn't dig
long enough to find that.
--

*Brian* *-* Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a
well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken , AKA The Sage of Baltimore