From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of David Mehler
Sent: Thursday, July 7, 2016 11:14 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Adding a submenu and menu items to NVDA

Hello,

I know this is doable, I'm not sure how.

For purposes of training i'd like to add a custom submenu to the NVDA menu structure and in that custom submenu have pointers to several included files, one text, two html that the user can select.

I'm thinking this would be some kind of addon and a global plugin.

I'm open to advice.

Thanks.
Dave.

May he's thinking about GUI SubMenus working in WX...

Place Markers add-on does this. Essentially, you'd add a submenu when the
global plugin starts (in its constructor or __init__ method). If this is
done, you are responsible for removing the menu item when NVDA quits (via
terminate method in your add-on class).
Cheers,
Joseph

I know this is doable, I'm not sure how.

For purposes of training i'd like to add a custom submenu to the NVDA menu
structure and in that custom submenu have pointers to several included
files, one text, two html that the user can select.

I'm thinking this would be some kind of addon and a global plugin.

I'm open to advice.

Thanks.
Dave.

David Mehler

Hello,

Thanks for the responses.

I'm confused. Basically I'm wanting something like vocalizer does,
once I install that addon it puts a vocalizer submenu in the NVDA
menu.

Thanks.
Dave.

On 7/7/16, Paulius <paulius.leveris@...> wrote:
May he's thinking about GUI SubMenus working in WX...

Place Markers add-on does this. Essentially, you'd add a submenu when the
global plugin starts (in its constructor or __init__ method). If this is
done, you are responsible for removing the menu item when NVDA quits (via
terminate method in your add-on class).
Cheers,
Joseph

I know this is doable, I'm not sure how.

For purposes of training i'd like to add a custom submenu to the NVDA
menu
structure and in that custom submenu have pointers to several included
files, one text, two html that the user can select.

I'm thinking this would be some kind of addon and a global plugin.

I'm open to advice.

Thanks.
Dave.

Rui Fontes

You can see how it is done in our addon.
Except the part of the license is open source...

Rui Fontes
Tiflotecnia, Lda.

I know this is doable, I'm not sure how.

For purposes of training i'd like to add a custom submenu to the NVDA
menu
structure and in that custom submenu have pointers to several included
files, one text, two html that the user can select.

I'm thinking this would be some kind of addon and a global plugin.

I'm open to advice.

Thanks.
Dave.

Shivakumar Nataraajan