Booting Bug

Steve Hoad

I am using NVDA with a Toshiba machine that started life with Windows
7. All worked well, even through the upgrade to Windows 10 until
about 2 months ago.

Then, when cold booting the machine, here's what began to happen.
After pushing the power button, a few seconds elapse and I get the
"Windows sign in" message. The Windows boot sound plays but NVDA does
not speak. I must go to my desktop (Windows M) press N and hit enter
so NVDA will begin.

All check boxes are checked propperly. I would be interested in any
fixes for this, it is currently just an inconvenience but who knows
what it will lead to. Thanks,

--
Steve Hoad

Are you saying it has previously not prompted for any password, and now it does and its not set up for that since the problems with n the more recent windows 10 changing secure screen access codes etc? Or are you saying it just does not auto start.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

I am using NVDA with a Toshiba machine that started life with Windows
7. All worked well, even through the upgrade to Windows 10 until
about 2 months ago.

Then, when cold booting the machine, here's what began to happen.
After pushing the power button, a few seconds elapse and I get the
"Windows sign in" message. The Windows boot sound plays but NVDA does
not speak. I must go to my desktop (Windows M) press N and hit enter
so NVDA will begin.

All check boxes are checked propperly. I would be interested in any
fixes for this, it is currently just an inconvenience but who knows
what it will lead to. Thanks,

--
Steve Hoad

Steve Hoad

I have done the full and complete shutdown and I have also checked my
general settings where both checkboxes are checked.
Thanks,

--
Steve Hoad

Chris

Ok check your snyth and voice settings in nvda to see if the corect synth
and voice are set