Reviewing the screen with the mouse keys

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

I can’t figure out how to review the screen using the mouse cursor with the numpad keys.  Is that possible with NVDA?

Richard

Kevin Chao

PLease have look at flat review and object navigation in NVDA user guide :)
Third option is speak text under mouse pointer, where you can move mouse around to explore screen content.

On Sat, Jul 9, 2016 at 10:54 AM Richard Turner <richardturner42@...> wrote:

I can’t figure out how to review the screen using the mouse cursor with the numpad keys.  Is that possible with NVDA?

Richard

Gene

I would recommend that you go through the very highly thought of tutorial available on this site. It appears to me that you can download the specific sections you are interested in or I believe you can download the whole thing. I haven't listened to the tutorial.  I can't tell you exactly what you should download just to learn about this subject.  If looking at the links is unclear, ask here.  But if you know very little about NVDA, you should probably listen to more sections.

Your question would require a tutorial length answer to be properly answered which is why I'm referring you to the tutorial.  if you don't understand aspects covered in the tutorial, ask here.

Gene

Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2016 12:54 PM
Subject: [nvda] Reviewing the screen with the mouse keys

I can’t figure out how to review the screen using the mouse cursor with the numpad keys.  Is that possible with NVDA?

Richard

Richard Turner <richardturner42@...>

Thanks,

One of the other folks pointed me to the user guide, which has gotten me on the right path.

I will go and get the tutorial.

Richard

Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2016 12:54 PM

I can’t figure out how to review the screen using the mouse cursor with the numpad keys.  Is that possible with NVDA?

Richard

Quentin Christensen

Glad you're on track Richard.

The official Basic Training for NVDA material also covers using the review cursor and object navigation as well.  It is available from: http://www.nvaccess.org/shop/

Kind regards

Quentin.

Sent: Saturday, July 09, 2016 12:54 PM

--
Quentin Christensen
Training Material Developer

Ph +61 7 3149 3306
Direct: +61 413 904 383
www.nvaccess.org
Twitter: @NVAccess

David Moore

Hi all,
Joseph Lee did a totally free tutorial on NVDA that lasts over 15 hours and covers everything at the following URL
Everything you need to know about NVDA is beautifully done by Joseph Lee and they are MP3 files that you can download and this is totally free. You do not have to pay for a tutorial!.
David Moore