From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Roger Stewart
Sent: July-10-16 5:19 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Pay Pal broken again!

Don't know what's going on, but I can't use Pay Pal with nvda. It
appears to be just the same as it ever was, but after I do everything
and then the very last step of continue, nothing happens at all. There
are no error messages or anything. Can anyone tell me what they may have
changed? One thing I've been noticing is that nvda will always say
"invalid entry required" when I come to an edit field there. Maybe they
have really changed things so that I really need to enter something
invalid instead of my valid password.

Thanks.

Roger

Roger Stewart

Sorry, no on both for now. nvda is my only screen reader. This is a strange one. A year or so back they changed their page so much that it took me a while to figure it out. However, it still seems to be the same as it has always been. Everything works until the very last continue button which would have sent the money but it just sits there.

Roger

On 7/10/2016 7:31 PM, Arlene wrote:
Hi, do you have any other screen reader either then NVDA? If you do. Try it. if you don’t get a sighted friend if you have one that will go to your house to see if pay pal is broken.

Don't know what's going on, but I can't use Pay Pal with nvda. It
appears to be just the same as it ever was, but after I do everything
and then the very last step of continue, nothing happens at all. There
are no error messages or anything. Can anyone tell me what they may have
changed? One thing I've been noticing is that nvda will always say
"invalid entry required" when I come to an edit field there. Maybe they
have really changed things so that I really need to enter something
invalid instead of my valid password.

Thanks.

Roger

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Roger,

I don't use pay pal myself but when some sites haven't worked for me using NVDA, I've used system access to go and it helped. If you have that or a demo of Jaws, give that a try and see if that makes a difference.

Rosemarie

Don't know what's going on, but I can't use Pay Pal with nvda. It appears to be just the same as it ever was, but after I do everything and then the very last step of continue, nothing happens at all. There are no error messages or anything. Can anyone tell me what they may have changed? One thing I've been noticing is that nvda will always say "invalid entry required" when I come to an edit field there. Maybe they have really changed things so that I really need to enter something invalid instead of my valid password.

Thanks.

Roger

Arlene

Hi, see if you can get a sighted friend to look at your screen when you go to that site. It should be a sighted person you trust!

Don't know what's going on, but I can't use Pay Pal with nvda. It
appears to be just the same as it ever was, but after I do everything
and then the very last step of continue, nothing happens at all.
There are no error messages or anything. Can anyone tell me what they
may have changed? One thing I've been noticing is that nvda will
always say "invalid entry required" when I come to an edit field
there. Maybe they have really changed things so that I really need to
enter something invalid instead of my valid password.

Thanks.

Roger

Not tried it since the last issue of nvda whenI sent a donation that way. Have you tried other browsers. There was aknown bug in IE11 recent update where some buttons were not activated. I'm sure Microsoft will fix it eventually maybe.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Don't know what's going on, but I can't use Pay Pal with nvda. It
appears to be just the same as it ever was, but after I do everything
and then the very last step of continue, nothing happens at all. There
are no error messages or anything. Can anyone tell me what they may have
changed? One thing I've been noticing is that nvda will always say
"invalid entry required" when I come to an edit field there. Maybe they
have really changed things so that I really need to enter something
invalid instead of my valid password.

Thanks.

Roger

Shaun Oliver

failing that, make the attempt using your smart phone if you have the paypal app on said device.

On 11/07/2016 11:15, Arlene wrote:
Hi, see if you can get a sighted friend to look at your screen when you go to that site. It should be a sighted person you trust!

Don't know what's going on, but I can't use Pay Pal with nvda. It
appears to be just the same as it ever was, but after I do everything
and then the very last step of continue, nothing happens at all.
There are no error messages or anything. Can anyone tell me what they
may have changed? One thing I've been noticing is that nvda will
always say "invalid entry required" when I come to an edit field
there. Maybe they have really changed things so that I really need to
enter something invalid instead of my valid password.

Thanks.

Roger

Chris

Try contacting paypal themselves to see at least they are aware of the
problem and can help resolve it or if they are not aware then make them
aware of the problem

Don't know what's going on, but I can't use Pay Pal with nvda. It
appears to be just the same as it ever was, but after I do everything
and then the very last step of continue, nothing happens at all. There
are no error messages or anything. Can anyone tell me what they may have
changed? One thing I've been noticing is that nvda will always say
"invalid entry required" when I come to an edit field there. Maybe they
have really changed things so that I really need to enter something
invalid instead of my valid password.

Thanks.

Roger

Rui Fontes

There are no problem, at least using Firefox and NVDA!

People just need how to use the new way...

Rui

Try contacting paypal themselves to see at least they are aware of the
problem and can help resolve it or if they are not aware then make them
aware of the problem

Don't know what's going on, but I can't use Pay Pal with nvda. It
appears to be just the same as it ever was, but after I do everything
and then the very last step of continue, nothing happens at all. There
are no error messages or anything. Can anyone tell me what they may have
changed? One thing I've been noticing is that nvda will always say
"invalid entry required" when I come to an edit field there. Maybe they
have really changed things so that I really need to enter something
invalid instead of my valid password.

Thanks.

Roger

Gene

This doesn't sound like a Pay Pal problem.  It sounds like a browser problem.  Try another browser.  If it works and if you want to pursue the problem, delete the Pay Pal Cookie in your usual browser and see if that helps.  Also, emptying the browser cache may help.  I doubt it but it won't hurt anything and you never know.

Contacting Pay Pal may help, but it would probably be better to contact Microsoft accessibility instead.

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
> Sorry, no on both for now. nvda is my only screen reader. This is a
> strange one. A year or so back they changed their page so much that it
> took me a while to figure it out. However, it still seems to be the same
> as it has always been. Everything works until the very last continue
> button which would have sent the money but it just sits there.
>
> Roger
>

> On 7/10/2016 7:31 PM, Arlene wrote:
>> Hi, do you have any other screen reader either then NVDA? If you do. Try
>> it. if you don't get a sighted friend if you have one that will go to
>> your house to see if pay pal is broken.

As I say I have no issue with the form in firefox 46 with nvda, so wondered if it was a browser issue. There have been button issues with ie11 recently reported for blind use.
[...]

I think we know now that its not paypal, its probably a browser add on which is doing this. I recall a proxy can caause this issue, and some anti virus solutions install a proxy.
[...]

In this case there is really no involvement in a new way. the only reasons why that link ofr button to do the donation fails are.
1 the button is not in focus
2 you misstyped something, but then it normally throws you back to the offending field to try again.