Sent: Sunday, June 10, 2018 8:38 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] password remover

Sorry folks, I know this does not relate to NVDA, but it's my response to Kerryn.

Kerryn,

Here is a solution to the password problem that I have found.  Others here who are much wiser than I will not recommend it and I have not tried it yet; but I think I'm going to.  The software that you download will create a bootable CD that one would used to boot the computer in question.  A program, supposedly, comes up that allows you to do things with your password.  One of them is to remove it.

It's kind of a last resort thing for me; but it's the only way I will be able to access this computer.  Others say to reinstall windows; but I don't know of a computer today that comes with an install CD.  I assume there are many packages of this type; but the one I downloaded can be found at:

Good luck.

Howard
Date: Sunday, June 10, 2018, 6:35 PM

hi all
so i am think about smart
speakers
which one would u all
recommend
1 echo dot
2 google home
3 google mini
or others
thanks

have found.  Others here who are much wiser than I
will not recommend it
and I have not tried it yet; but I think I'm going
to.  The software that
you download will create a bootable CD that one would used
to boot the
computer in question.  A program, supposedly, comes
up that allows you to
do things with your password.  One of them is to
remove it.

It's kind of a last
resort thing for me; but it's
the only way I will be able to access this computer.
Others say to
reinstall windows; but I don't know of a computer
today that comes with an
install CD.  I assume there are many packages of this
type; but the one I
downloaded can be found at:

https://www.isumsoft.com/windows-password-refixer/

Good luck.