Topics

The Paypal form..

I can say that using Firefox 46
The form works as it always did.
I just donated 30 aus and OK the invalid input did come up as typing into the boxes, but I suspect this is an artifact that until you finish it is indeed wrong.
As usual had several goes at remembering the caps and lower case in the password, and it eventually accepted it and sent me through when I clicked the button or link for doing the donation.
My feeling here is that this is a browser issue if you cannot get it to work, always try another browser. I did mention that the IE current updat is a bit broken as far as some accessibility is concerned, but its very very spcific it seems as most of the time its fine.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Erik Burggraaf <erik@...>

I don't remember Roger telling us what browser he's using but I feel I have to agree with Brian here this seems like a browser issue to me I was able to do the donation successfully using Google Chrome and voice over on the Mac and yes the boxes did come up as invalid until I finish typing in them. It would definitely be worth your while trying Firefox if you haven't already if you have tried Firefox and the same thing happens please let us know I think switching browsers is a lot more convenient than having several screen reader is on a machine or soliciting cited assistance useful as that can be sometimes

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com

On July 11, 2016 6:39:12 AM "Brian's Mail list account" <bglists@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

I can say that using Firefox 46
The form works as it always did.
I just donated 30 aus and OK the invalid input did come up as typing into
the boxes, but I suspect this is an artifact that until you finish it is
indeed wrong.
As usual had several goes at remembering the caps and lower case in the
password, and it eventually accepted it and sent me through when I clicked
the button or link for doing the donation.
My feeling here is that this is a browser issue if you cannot get it to
work, always try another browser. I did mention that the IE current updat is
a bit broken as far as some accessibility is concerned, but its very very
spcific it seems as most of the time its fine.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

Roger Stewart

I'm using Firefox and it is set as my default browser.

Roger

On 7/11/2016 7:50 AM, erik burggraaf wrote:
[...]

Clare Page <clare.page@...>

Hi!
I use Paypal with Firefox all the time and never have problems with it. It's
possible that other browsers don't display the Paypal site quite as well as
Firefox does, but I haven't investigated that.
I've filled in several forms, on different websites, where it says "invalid
entry" in some of the ttext fields, but those words disappear as soon as I
fill it whatever is necessary, so I would guess that "invalid entry" must
simply mean that you haven't yet filled in the appropriate text.
Bye for now!
From Clare

[...]

Roger,  It sounds as if you have the ideal setup for what you want to do.  Well that's the good news.  The bad news is it makes it harder for us to diagnose.  I think we've exhausted any compatibility issues although if for some reason you're not running the latest NVDA, you might want to hit the update button.

Then we have to get into making sure you have a valid payment method on file, and looking at other things behind the scenes.

When something goes wrong, paypal has gotten decent at letting you know.  Near the top of the page there is usually a signpost that tells you if there are errors.  If you see one of those it would be helpful if you sent  us the text of the error.

Thanks,

Erik Burggraaf
Visit the out of work bum for your chance to win one of 10 KNFB Reader or Nearby Explorer for IOS or android!
Also check out my website for inclusion to the android platform for persons with sensery, physical or cognitive disabilities:

On July 11, 2016 6:39:12 AM "Brian's Mail list account" <bglists@...> wrote:

I can say that using Firefox 46
The form works as it always did.
 I just donated 30 aus and OK the invalid input did come up as typing into
the boxes, but I suspect this is an artifact that until you finish it is
indeed wrong.
As usual had several goes at remembering the caps and  lower case in the
password, and it eventually accepted it and sent me through when I clicked
the  button or link for doing the donation.
My feeling here is that this is a browser issue if you cannot get it to
work, always try another browser. I did mention that the IE current updat is
a bit broken  as far as some accessibility is concerned, but its very very
spcific it seems as most of the time its fine.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

Rui Fontes

So do I!
And even the new dialogs for Transfer money are very acessible. You just
have to understand them...

Rui

[...]

Sounds like you should do a tutorial on using PayPal. I'd sure appreciate learning how to use it in it's new form.

Roger

On 7/11/2016 9:59 AM, Rui Fontes wrote:
[...]

If there were any errors, nvda didn't report any.  There may be something but if the screen reader can't see it then neither can I.  I am using the latest stable nvda--2016.2.1

Roger

On 7/11/2016 9:43 AM, erik burggraaf wrote:
[...]

Do you work with Firefox and NVDA?
What you can not perform in Paypal?

Rui

[...]

Hmmm,  I could probably get you a tutorial sometime this week.  I have a support call this afternoon and my windows virtual machine is being a huge brat lately.  If no one gets to it before I do though, I'll put something up.

If NVDA doesn't have a spot for hosting such things I can do it from my new site.

Best,

On Jul 11, 2016, at 9:35 AM, Roger Stewart <paganus2@...> wrote:

[...]

I'd very much appreciate this. I just tried to send money to my friend again this morning and I get the same problem. Everything seems normal until after I've filled in the amount I want to send and type in a brief message. Next thing I tab to is a link saying please choose a payment method. It used to bring up a screen with the choices of my bank account or my Visa card. Now all that happens when I choose this link is Firefox makes a familiar click and I'm right back with the amount reset to zero and my message to my friend deleted out.  I just tried this several times this morning, and the behavior is totally circular--that is it's just stuck in an endless loop and I never get to chose a payment method or get to the page where it just says send money now.  I did send a message similar to this to PayPal and will see what they may have to say about it.  Something has obviously changed on their page setup and nvda isn't catching it for me.

Thanks.

Roger

On 7/11/2016 12:16 PM, erik burggraaf wrote:
[...]

Arlene

Hi, this is a bit late. He is using firefox.

[...]

What add ins are in firefox?
Also of course have you tried a clean install of Firefox, as if its been updated it can end up a bit of a mess.
I'd currently not reckon you should use 48 beta or any of the 64bit builds of Firefox, all have some quirks. 46 is pretty stable, but 47 is slow on some machines.
[...]

Yes you find this a lot. I think its because these fields are dynamic and nvda is attempting to read them as they update. Its a bit like google instant, they should be ways to stop this from happening but you just close your ears or cut and paste email and passwrd.

[...]

I find them far better than the old ones in the main.
More logical.
[...]

But its really not that different is it. At least the combo boxes work properly.
Also if you have a payment method set up already then it seems eveneasier than before.
[...]

Maybe and its far from my thoughts to suggest you might have let it laps, but perhaps the card you specified is no longer valid, but it should then suggest you set up a payment method instead. I just cannot see where the problem is as it seems to be well protected against silly entries and normally suggests a course of action to you if it goes wrong
It might be something really daft like the currency is not allowed to be transferred in that country or something. Here in the UK its a bit hard to judge as everything defaults and it even gives you the exchange rate.

http://www.theoutofworkbum.work
http://www.inclusiveandroid.com

http://www.theoutofworkbum.work <http://www.theoutofworkbum.work/>
http://www.inclusiveandroid.com <http://www.inclusiveandroid.com/>

On Jul 11, 2016, at 7:17 AM, Roger Stewart <paganus2@gmail.com

http://www.aqua-mail.com <http://www.aqua-mail.com/>

[...]

Nope, has nothing to do with my card. I just got a new one last February and immediately activated it. Further, I've sent payments to this person several other times with the new card, although I use from my bank balance when doing this, and everything has gone smoothly until just a couple days ago. Nothing has changed on this end--it was a sudden change on PayPal's site. I emailed them, but just got back an auto robot reply based on the subject of my message--no person ever read it and the suggestions given in the reply message have nothing to do with my real problem so I don't know where to go from here.

Roger

----- Original Message ----- From: "Roger Stewart" <paganus2@gmail.com>
[...]

Well, when I do it I use my currently registered card which comes up with the last four digits of the choice and I simply agree to use it create a new association or exit.

My guess is that for some reason one of the fields is not being filled in correctly, and since its probably hidden by the time you get to see the screen, its hard to figure it out. Normally certificate mismatches or scripts that the anti virus does not like have error messages one can hear so know where to start to look for the issue. To me nothing has change in recent months apart from some combo boxes being easier to use and predictable.
Its very hard from this end to diagnose what might be going on here.
I am also sure that the local area where you are has a telephone number, most do, I rang through and got a very nice Irish lady a year or so back when it kept rejecting my card details, and it turned out to be a fault in their system and was fixed almost immediately.