notepad plus plus and NVDA

Josh Kennedy

Hi,

Is notepad plus plus accessible with NVDA? I have some text files I want to do some advanced editing on. In some, I want to remove all blank lines. Others are from an old dos program and have extra ascii ansi junk characters that I want to get rid of. Once fixed up, I want to re-save the text files, open in wordPad and save as docx files to re-translate into braille to put on the orbit reader 20. I put two files on there, and have to hit the scroll forward button a lot to skip extra blank lines which interrupts my ability to read the file smoothly.

Joshknnd1982@...

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Walker, Michael E

Hi Josh, Notepad++ works great with NVDA.

Mike

Is notepad plus plus accessible with NVDA? I have some text files I want to do some advanced editing on. In some, I want to remove all blank lines. Others are from an old dos program and have extra ascii ansi junk characters that I want to get rid of. Once fixed up, I want to re-save the text files, open in wordPad and save as docx files to re-translate into braille to put on the orbit reader 20. I put two files on there, and have to hit the scroll forward button a lot to skip extra blank lines which interrupts my ability to read the file smoothly.

Joshknnd1982@...

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Damien Garwood <damien@...>

Hi there,
Notepad++ had a few quirks that I didn't like, but overall, it is accessible, and you'll probably be able to turn the nasty stuff off at any rate. To be honest, I use Notepad2 (www.flos-freeware.ch), which I believe is a lighter version of Notepad++ without all the extra nasties, which I use all the time. But you still have all the cool stuff like line ending conversion, line sorting, blank line removal, duplicate merging etc. I guess the only caveat with that is that it's not regularly maintained, I believe the last update was some time in 2012.
Cheers,
Damien.

On 11/06/2018 02:26 PM, Josh Kennedy wrote:
Hi,
Is notepad plus plus accessible with NVDA? I have some text files I want to do some advanced editing on. In some, I want to remove all blank lines. Others are from an old dos program and have extra ascii ansi junk characters that I want to get rid of. Once fixed up, I want to re-save the text files, open in wordPad and save as docx files to re-translate into braille to put on the orbit reader 20. I put two files on there, and have to hit the scroll forward button a lot to skip extra blank lines which interrupts my ability to read the file smoothly.
Joshknnd1982@... <mailto:Joshknnd1982@...>
Josh

Mallard <mallard@...>

Hello Josh,

I use Notepad++ regularly to localise apps, and it's accessible with NVDA.

hth,

Ollie

Il 11/06/2018 15:26, Josh Kennedy ha scritto:

Hi,

Is notepad plus plus accessible with NVDA? I have some text files I want to do some advanced editing on. In some, I want to remove all blank lines. Others are from an old dos program and have extra ascii ansi junk characters that I want to get rid of. Once fixed up, I want to re-save the text files, open in wordPad and save as docx files to re-translate into braille to put on the orbit reader 20. I put two files on there, and have to hit the scroll forward button a lot to skip extra blank lines which interrupts my ability to read the file smoothly.

Joshknnd1982@... <mailto:Joshknnd1982@...>

Josh

hello.
notepad++ is very accessible with nvda and even sayAll works.
you can remove all empty lines from your files if you need.

On 6/11/18, Mallard <mallard@...> wrote:
[...]

Windows 10

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens

Brian's Mail list account

I'm using something called Akelpad, which seems to be a very nice and stable program, but I've no idea if it does what is required, I like its lack of crashing and that it alerts you to different copies of files being different before it will overwrite etc.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Ron Canazzi

Hi Josh,

Indeed Notepad works great with NVDA.  In fact, if you want to remove those ANSI characters, you can do a find and replace with Control + H and then copy and paste the ANSI characters with nothing and they will all be gone.

I've done such editing with similar files in the past.

On 6/11/2018 9:32 AM, Walker, Michael E wrote:

Hi Josh, Notepad++ works great with NVDA.

Mike

Is notepad plus plus accessible with NVDA? I have some text files I want to do some advanced editing on. In some, I want to remove all blank lines. Others are from an old dos program and have extra ascii ansi junk characters that I want to get rid of. Once fixed up, I want to re-save the text files, open in wordPad and save as docx files to re-translate into braille to put on the orbit reader 20. I put two files on there, and have to hit the scroll forward button a lot to skip extra blank lines which interrupts my ability to read the file smoothly.

Joshknnd1982@...

Josh

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Yes I think it is.

I forget exactly how but you should be able to resave in certain formats with standard notepad..

Back when I was doing opperating systems class I had but never kept, command line converters that would translate text files from dos, to unix to windows iso formats.

They were called dos to unix and unix to dos respectedly.

There is probably something else you can do now to resave the files in the right format.