list of accessibility tools when win 10 newest update boots

Dan Beaver

I have been seeing this since the big spring update happened.  Almost every time it boots this dialog with a list of tools like narrator, magnifier, on-screen keyboards and the like shows up before the logon screen is displayed.

I have dug around my system and can't find a way to stop this.

any ideas?  I don't want to use any of those tools and would like not to see this dialog.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

Hi,

Press Escape when this happens, and you’ll be directed to the sign-in screen.

Cheers,

Joseph

I have been seeing this since the big spring update happened.  Almost every time it boots this dialog with a list of tools like narrator, magnifier, on-screen keyboards and the like shows up before the logon screen is displayed.

I have dug around my system and can't find a way to stop this.

any ideas?  I don't want to use any of those tools and would like not to see this dialog.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

Dan Beaver

Yeah, but that doesn't stop it from happening.

Dan Beaver

On 6/12/2018 2:55 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Press Escape when this happens, and you’ll be directed to the sign-in screen.

Cheers,

Joseph

I have been seeing this since the big spring update happened.  Almost every time it boots this dialog with a list of tools like narrator, magnifier, on-screen keyboards and the like shows up before the logon screen is displayed.

I have dug around my system and can't find a way to stop this.

any ideas?  I don't want to use any of those tools and would like not to see this dialog.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

Sarah k Alawami

Or get rid of the windows 10 log screen completely. Do it through yoru  admin pannel or the registry. You have to google how to do this as I forgot how but a simple google should do the trick.

Take care

On Jun 12, 2018, at 12:02 PM, Dan Beaver <dbeaver888@...> wrote:

Yeah, but that doesn't stop it from happening.

Dan Beaver

On 6/12/2018 2:55 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

Hi,

Press Escape when this happens, and you’ll be directed to the sign-in screen.

Cheers,

Joseph

I have been seeing this since the big spring update happened.  Almost every time it boots this dialog with a list of tools like narrator, magnifier, on-screen keyboards and the like shows up before the logon screen is displayed.

I have dug around my system and can't find a way to stop this.

any ideas?  I don't want to use any of those tools and would like not to see this dialog.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

Ron Canazzi

Hi Dan,

If you open the start menu and search for accessibility, then when the results come up, find narrator and highlight it then use the tab key, there are a bunch of settings available.  One of them says use Narrator before sign in.  If this is checked, uncheck it and see if the accessibility wizard does not launch before sign in.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"

Dan Beaver

Thanks Ron but I already did that and the wizard is still coming up.

Dan Beaver

On 6/12/2018 4:00 PM, Ron Canazzi wrote:

[...]

Chris

Do you have fast start-up enabled?

Or you could try a restart, rather than a shutdown , see if that clears it

Unless you have something in settings > apps > start-up that’s opening the dialog

[...]

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

I found this that might help the first option looks easier and a link to this page is https://forum.thewindowsclub.com/windows-customization/29982-disable-remove-ease-access-button-logon-screen.html

it did not mention a windows version so am guessing it should work.

I did read a thread that on hp machines this comes up at log on.

I wonder if you have your computer boot straight into windows if it would still come up? I do not think so or would you rather not as you would rather log on into windows?

Gene nz

On 6/13/2018 6:50 AM, Dan Beaver wrote:

I have been seeing this since the big spring update happened.  Almost every time it boots this dialog with a list of tools like narrator, magnifier, on-screen keyboards and the like shows up before the logon screen is displayed.

I have dug around my system and can't find a way to stop this.

any ideas?  I don't want to use any of those tools and would like not to see this dialog.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

Walker, Michael E

It might be worth seeing what happens, when we upgrade to NVDA 2018.2.

it did not mention a windows version so am guessing it should work.

I did read a thread that on hp machines this comes up at log on.

I wonder if you have your computer boot straight into windows if it would still come up? I do not think so or would you rather not as you would rather log on into windows?

Gene nz

On 6/13/2018 6:50 AM, Dan Beaver wrote:

I have been seeing this since the big spring update happened.  Almost every time it boots this dialog with a list of tools like narrator, magnifier, on-screen keyboards and the like shows up before the logon screen is displayed.

I have dug around my system and can't find a way to stop this.

any ideas?  I don't want to use any of those tools and would like not to see this dialog.

Thanks.

Dan Beaver

Brian's Mail list account

I wonder, if the tool autoruns is usable on 10, whether there is an item starting in the system one can uncheck or delete to remove it?

Might also be worth a look in a few other places. I think that sound is enabled early now and also works in safe mode so there could be something else in a system tool that can be tweaked. Does seem an odd choice that has no way to configure it, Microsoft are usually good at allowing these things to be altered.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-