++OFFTOPIC++ How to unsubscribe?

Hello guys,
First, let me excuse by the offtopics. This is the second that I post, but I swear it will be the last time.
Some days ago someone sent an email telling how to subscribe to the list Blind-X. Well, I did it, because I was interested in the list, obviously.
The problem is: I'm there for 1 day and I have a feeling that I won't be able to read all of these emails.
So, my question: how I unsubscribe it?
I tried to follow the steps received by the listserv,but had no results.

Again, sorry for the offtopic and thanks in advance.

Marcio

Gene

Did you get a welcome message when you subscribed?  You should usually get a message when you join lists with information such as how to unsubscribe.  You should keep such messages from every list that sends you one.  Also, most lists have information at the bottom of every message you receive with links for unsubscribing and often for doing other things such as going no mail as well.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 6:44 PM
Subject: [nvda] ++OFFTOPIC++ How to unsubscribe?

Hello guys,
First, let me excuse by the offtopics. This is the second that I post,
but I swear it will be the last time.
Some days ago someone sent an email telling how to subscribe to the list
Blind-X. Well, I did it, because I was interested in the list, obviously.
The problem is: I'm there for 1 day and I have a feeling that I won't be
able to read all of these emails.

Marcio

Presuming that this is the Blind-X list that one subscribes to via sending an e-mail message to listserv@...  [listserv at maelstrom dot stjohns dot edu],  one can unsubscribe by sending a message to said address with the subject blank and the message body reading: 
        unsubscribe blind-x
from the e-mail address you used to subscribe.  I would imagine that there exist options to get daily digests instead of individual messages, but I can't find that with a quick web search.
--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore

Yes, I did it.
But as I said, following the steps gave me no results...
Em 12/06/2018 20:58, Gene escreveu:

Did you get a welcome message when you subscribed?  You should usually get a message when you join lists with information such as how to unsubscribe.  You should keep such messages from every list that sends you one.  Also, most lists have information at the bottom of every message you receive with links for unsubscribing and often for doing other things such as going no mail as well.

Gene

Hello guys,

Marcio

Gene

It may be that the verification message is in a spam folder either in your computer or a spam filter your provider keeps for your account online.

If it isn't or you don't know how to check again, check the footers of a message you received or check whatever information you got in a welcome message.  One of the things in the footers of most list mail is a way to contact the list owner.

Gene

Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2018 7:02 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] ++OFFTOPIC++ How to unsubscribe?

Yes, I did it.
But as I said, following the steps gave me no results...
Em 12/06/2018 20:58, Gene escreveu:

Gene

Hello guys,

Marcio

Ervin, Glenn

About how many messages?
I was going to join too, but if it is really high-traffic, I won't join.
Thanks In Advance.
Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io

Hello guys,
First, let me excuse by the offtopics. This is the second that I post, but I swear it will be the last time.
Some days ago someone sent an email telling how to subscribe to the list Blind-X. Well, I did it, because I was interested in the list, obviously.
The problem is: I'm there for 1 day and I have a feeling that I won't be able to read all of these emails.

Marcio

Bonnie :-)

Mario, there should be an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails for that group. That link shoul take you to a page that give other subscription offers & un sub.

Bonnie

Reply-To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: 6/13/2018 10:23:31 AM
________________________________________________________________________________

About how many messages?
Thanks In Advance.
Glenn

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of marcio via Groups.Io

Hello guys,

Marcio

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I do not know how you collect your email but what i do is use an email client with message rules and sort all the various lists into different folders. If I were unable to unsubscribe either on the web site or via email I would then have no choice but add the feed to my block list.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

From: "marcio via Groups.Io" <marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:44 AM

Hello guys,

Marcio

Hi Bonnie,
I tried to find it but all I found was a link that when clicked gave me a page where I must be loged in with an user and a password set previously, at this point I don't understood this server, definitely.
Well, guess I will have to stay there until someone remove me for don't participate. Hope this happen, at least. Lol

Em 13/06/2018 13:40, Bonnie :-) escreveu:

Mario, there should be an unsubscribe link at the bottom of the emails for that group. That link shoul take you to a page that give other subscription offers & un sub.

Bonnie

Reply-To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: 6/13/2018 10:23:31 AM
________________________________________________________________________________

About how many messages?
Thanks In Advance.
Glenn

Hello guys,

Marcio

Maybe it would be the best solution at least for now.

Em 13/06/2018 14:00, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io escreveu:

I do not know how you collect your email but what i do is use an email client with message rules and sort all the various lists into different folders. If I were unable to unsubscribe either on the web site or via email I would then have no choice but add the feed to my block list.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "marcio via Groups.Io" <marcinhorj21=yahoo.com.br@groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 12:44 AM

Hello guys,

Marcio

I really don't know how much messages they send per day, but about 2 or 3 hours I could see at least 100 messages or more.
Em 13/06/2018 11:23, Ervin, Glenn escreveu:

About how many messages?
Thanks In Advance.
Glenn

Hello guys,

Marcio

Ervin, Glenn

That sounds worse or as bad as the eyes-free list.
Glenn

Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2018 3:52 PM

I really don't know how much messages they send per day, but about 2 or
3 hours I could see at least 100 messages or more.
Em 13/06/2018 11:23, Ervin, Glenn escreveu:
About how many messages?
Thanks In Advance.
Glenn

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of marcio
via Groups.Io

Hello guys,

Marcio

On Wed, Jun 13, 2018 at 10:00 am, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
If I were unable to unsubscribe either on the web site or via email I would then have no choice but add the feed to my block list.
And that is something that should never be done for anything coming to you from subscription, even if you can't figure out how to unsubscribe.

There are many automated feedback loops now between ISPs and e-mail service providers and individual e-mail clients.  When things get marked as spam or blocked it is most often taken as an indication that the messages are, in actuality, spam when they absolutely are not.

Far better to use a filter/message rule to immediately move messages from a given address/domain to trash, which prevents issues with legitimate list traffic getting blocked by ISPs and e-mail providers.

--

Brian - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134  

Explanations exist; they have existed for all time; there is always a well-known solution to every human problem — neat, plausible, and wrong.

~ H.L. Mencken, AKA The Sage of Baltimore