Topics

Joseph Lee's add-ons updated: Enhanced Touch Gestures 18.06, Golden Cursor 3.0, Windows 10 App Essentials 18.06 broad deployment #addonrelese

Hi everyone,

In about half an hour from now, you’ll be able to download three add-on releases that’ll (absolutely) require NVDA 2018.2 or later:

  • Enhanced Touch Gestures 18.06: add-on settings can be found in new multi-category NVDA Settings under “Enhanced Touch Gestures” category.
  • Golden Cursor 3.0: same as above but the category to look for is “Golden Cursor”.
  • Windows 10 App Essentials: version 18.06 stable is now available to everyone. For those using 18.05.3, you’ll have until June 20, 2018 to update to 18.06, by which time the temporary update channel will be gone along with release of 18.06.1.

Also, for those using Windows 10 App Essentials development snapshots: regular and pilot builds are now united. This means, going forward, anyone wishing to use development snapshots MUST be running NVDA 2018.2 stable or later. Also, you’ll need to be running Windows 10 Version 1709 (build 16299) or later in order to receive future add-on builds.

Cheers,

Joseph

Robert Mendoza

Hi, Joseph

I am currently running the latest development snapshot, or master snapshot of nvda to my Windows 10 1803 however, it does not prompts me automatically that there is an update of the said mentioned for the Windows 10 App Essentials: version 18.06 stable although it was set here for interval to 1 , and done it manually instead. After the announcement I installed the said update and it succesfully installed. But, when I double-check the version to the addons Manager it tells the version 18.06a
Not sure what I missing I truly appreciate your feedback for this. Thanks.

Robert mendoza

On 6/13/2018 4:32 PM, Joseph Lee wrote:

[...]

Hi,

I added the “A” suffix in order to publish a version that removes the workaround I described earlier. For most people, the code is identical to 18.06 which came out last week.

[...]

Mary Otten

Hi Joseph,

I don't see Golden Cursor in the categories listing in the new nvda. I have GC installed, but was looking for an update per your recent message. I have the most recent NVDA. I must be doing something wrong.

Mary

On 6/13/2018 1:32 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

[...]

Eh? I assume you have NVDA 2018.2 and Golden Cursor 3.0? If not, I need a log fragment please.

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Actually I think focus highlight is incorrect on the add ons site too as I have 5.1 here and the latest says its version 5. Could some odd backup have downdated parts of the web site.
brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

I misunderstood the original message. I thought I was suppose to find this Golden Cursor in the nvda settings categories list, and that 3.0 would be downloadable that way. But I  didn't have 3.0 yet, so I had to go into the tools, ad-ons and get it to update, and now Golden Cursor shows up in the categories listing. Windows 10 app essentials does not, and I did check and I do have the latest version with the suffix A that you mentioned in another message.

Mary

On 6/13/2018 9:54 AM, Joseph Lee wrote:

[...]

For now Windows 10 App Essentials won’t be listed under new Settings screen.