NVDA and Login screen

Cearbhall O'Meadhra

Hi,

Since the latest update, I find Narrator speaks on the PC login screen before Windows starts up even though I have NVDA set to do this. I have searched through Narrators settings and I cannot see that there is a setting there to prevent it  from coming on during the PC login. Yet NVDA does not com up until I login.

Is there anything I can do?

All the best,

Cearbhall

Are you sure it's Narrator? In NVDA 2018.2, the OneCore voices are used by default in Windows 10, these are the same voices as those used in Narrator.

Op 15-6-2018 om 10:17 schreef Cearbhall O'Meadhra:

Hi,

Since the latest update, I find Narrator speaks on the PC login screen before Windows starts up even though I have NVDA set to do this. I have searched through Narrators settings and I cannot see that there is a setting there to prevent it  from coming on during the PC login. Yet NVDA does not com up until I login.

Is there anything I can do?

All the best,

Cearbhall

What it may be is nvda using 1core voices on login screens, you need to set nvdas preffs to copy over to admin settings

On 6/15/2018 8:17 PM, Cearbhall O'Meadhra wrote:
Hi,

Since the latest update, I find Narrator speaks on the PC login screen
before Windows starts up even though I have NVDA set to do this. I have
searched through Narrator's settings and I cannot see that there is a
setting there to prevent it from coming on during the PC login. Yet NVDA
does not com up until I login.

Is there anything I can do?

All the best,

Cearbhall

Pascal Lambert

Hi,
I encountered the same issue. Please, how do you set up NVDA to copy over
pref to the admin settings?
Many thanks.
Blessings
Pascal

What it may be is nvda using 1core voices on login screens, you need to set
nvdas preffs to copy over to admin settings

On 6/15/2018 8:17 PM, Cearbhall O'Meadhra wrote:
Hi,

Since the latest update, I find Narrator speaks on the PC login screen
before Windows starts up even though I have NVDA set to do this. I have
searched through Narrator's settings and I cannot see that there is a
setting there to prevent it from coming on during the PC login. Yet NVDA
does not com up until I login.

Is there anything I can do?

All the best,

Cearbhall

in the general settings (NVDA + CTRL + G) is a button to use the current settings on the Windows login screen and other secure screens.

Op 15-6-2018 om 14:20 schreef Pascal Lambert:

[...]

No, it identifies itself as Narrator. I use Eti-Eloquence in as my default
NVDA voice.