Re waterfox

Brian's Mail list account

Anyone know what this is all about?
Your connection is not secure
The owner of staging.waterfoxproject.org has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Waterfox has not connected to this website.
Learn more.

I tied to download the new version.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

Chris

Its an invalid security certificate click on advanced for more info

So basically the certificate has expired and the site admin is asleep on the job 😃

Go to the official site

https://www.waterfoxproject.org/en-US/

The owner of staging.waterfoxproject.org has configured their website

improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Waterfox has not

connected to this website.

Learn more.

I tied to download the new version.

Brian

bglists@...

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal E-mail to:-

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

Brian's Mail list account

The question is though, How did I get there in the first place. I was wondering if it was malicious, but all I did was respond to the alert about a new version.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

The owner of staging.waterfoxproject.org has configured their website
improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Waterfox has not
connected to this website.
Learn more.

I tied to download the new version.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

Chris

Its probably not malicious I think you can add an exception so you could if you wish still visit the site

Without an certificate

Just click advanced and click on add exception if you are sure its ok

Water fox as far as I know can be updated through the about menu just click on update when it shows

The owner of staging.waterfoxproject.org has configured their website

improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Waterfox has not

connected to this website.

Learn more.

I tied to download the new version.

Brian

bglists@...

Sent via blueyonder.

Please address personal E-mail to:-

briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

in the display name field.

Jackie

Brian, that does not look like an address to download Waterfox to me,
ie. it appears to be a staging address. The address I copied for a
download is:
https://www.waterfoxproject.org/en-US/waterfox/new/

You may wish to try substituting en-us for en-uk to see if that works,
in the event UK English is your preference.

On 6/15/18, Chris via Groups.Io <chrismedley@...> wrote:
Its probably not malicious I think you can add an exception so you could if
you wish still visit the site
Without an certificate
Just click advanced and click on add exception if you are sure its ok

Water fox as far as I know can be updated through the about menu just click
on update when it shows

The owner of staging.waterfoxproject.org has configured their website
improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Waterfox has not
connected to this website.
Learn more.

I tied to download the new version.
Brian