Sent: Friday, June 15, 2018 3:44 PM
Subject: [nvda] selling an item on eBay

Hi all,

I regularly buy items from eBay and, in my sighted days, occasionally sold things too. The other day I noticed a pair of Orcam MyEye talking OCR glasses that sold and, since I have a pair that I would like to sell, used the "Have one to sell? Sell it yourself" link.

I am not finding the page for entering the details for my item very easy to navigate! I can add the photos and I can enter the description of the item, but navigating, with both tab key or num pad object navigation, repeatedly takes me back to the item description pane.

Does anybody have any suggestions to make listing an item easier with NVDA?

I'm using Firefox 60, NVDA 2018.2  and Win10

Thanks for any tips,

Giles

Laz

Can't help you with the navigation issue you seem to be having but if
you wish to catch the eye of vision impaired folks I recommend you
put it on Blind Bargains as well as joining the Blind-BST list. On
Blind bargains you can reach over a thousand folks and on Blind-BST
you can reach nearly 700 list members. To join Blind-bST send a blank
email message to the followin email address:

blind-bst+subscribe@groups.io

Laz

On 6/15/18, Giles Turnbull <giles.turnbull@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi all,

I regularly buy items from eBay and, in my sighted days, occasionally sold
things too. The other day I noticed a pair of Orcam MyEye talking OCR
glasses that sold and, since I have a pair that I would like to sell, used
the "Have one to sell? Sell it yourself" link.

I am not finding the page for entering the details for my item very easy to
navigate! I can add the photos and I can enter the description of the item,
but navigating, with both tab key or num pad object navigation, repeatedly
takes me back to the item description pane.

Does anybody have any suggestions to make listing an item easier with NVDA?

I'm using Firefox 60, NVDA 2018.2 and Win10

Thanks for any tips,

Giles

Bluetooth devices, and accessories
http://www.talkingmp3players.com/
Email: laz@talkingmp3players.com
Phone: 727-498-0121
Skype: lazmesa

Giles Turnbull

Hi all, especially Simon and Laz,

I suddenly thought to try Internet Explorer and the sales page worked much better with that so my item is now listed. I will attempt to list it on Blind Bargains too, thanks for that suggestion :)

Giles

bob jutzi <jutzi1@...>

I don't sell many things on Ebay anymore but prefer the iPhone app as it's extremely straight forward and easier to include photos.

On 6/15/2018 11:03 AM, goshawk on horseback wrote:
if you have one available, you could try the ebay app on either iPhone or android. I have been telling ebay for some time about there lack of accessibility on there selling page, but they are simply not interested in doing anything about it.
my best bit of advice however, would be don't even bother with ebay, use a different platform, such as shpock or gumtree, or in-fact any other trading platform that doesn't charge you 10% and then another 4% for using paypal, and all that to be part of a system that lets buyers take the waste liquid as much as they like, and gives sellers no rights at all, which is exactly what the ebay system does!
Simon
I regularly buy items from eBay and, in my sighted days,
occasionally sold things too. The other day I noticed a pair of
Orcam MyEye talking OCR glasses that sold and, since I have a pair
that I would like to sell, used the "Have one to sell? Sell it
yourself" link.
I am not finding the page for entering the details for my item very
easy to navigate! I can add the photos and I can enter the
description of the item, but navigating, with both tab key or num
pad object navigation, repeatedly takes me back to the item
description pane.
Does anybody have any suggestions to make listing an item easier
with NVDA?
I'm using Firefox 60, NVDA 2018.2 and Win10
Thanks for any tips,
Giles

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Ebay has been going down the pan for a couple of years now, not just from the blind user perspective. Nobody i talk to has a good word to say for it these days.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

[...]

what other sites are people using?

----- Original Message ----- From: "goshawk on horseback" <goshawk_on_horseback@fastmail.co.uk>

 ----- Original Message -----  From: Giles Turnbull

--
check out my song on youtube
https://youtu.be/YeWgx2LRu7Y

goshawk on horseback

with the way they treat sellers like garbage, and between them and paypal,
charge them 14% for that sort of treatment, I'm not surprised. the problem
is that they have got far too big for there boots, and only something like a
major international boycott of them may get them to take notice of the ever
growing number who are not happy with the way they carry on.

Simon

I regularly buy items from eBay and, in my sighted days, occasionally sold
things too. The other day I noticed a pair of Orcam MyEye talking OCR
glasses that sold and, since I have a pair that I would like to sell, used
the "Have one to sell? Sell it yourself" link.

I am not finding the page for entering the details for my item very easy
to navigate! I can add the photos and I can enter the description of the
item, but navigating, with both tab key or num pad object navigation,
repeatedly takes me back to the item description pane.

Does anybody have any suggestions to make listing an item easier with
NVDA?

I'm using Firefox 60, NVDA 2018.2 and Win10

Thanks for any tips,

Giles

goshawk on horseback

personally, I use shpock, craigslist, and gumtree, plus the sound on sound
readers adds site for relevant gear.

Simon