Topics

How to Open an Attachment with NVDA:

Lawrence Stoler

Hello,

I have been an NVDA user for a long time.  I think it's great.

I am out of work.  Recently my resume was updated but I can't open the
file to read it.

Is there a way using specific commands after clicking on the attachment
to open it and read it?  In other words, if I use the arrow keys or tab
through the document, how do I get to access the attachment?

Is there any information about this on www.accessibilitycentral.net?

Thank you for a great screen reader, website and support group.

Sincerely,

Lawrence Stoler

Brian Moore

Hi.  since you are using thunderbird 52.8.0, here are the key strokes.

open the message,
then press alt+m to get to the message menu and then h for attachments.

this will put you in a list of your attachments but it operates like a treeview so use up and down arrow to select the one you want and then press right arrow to get a menu of open, save detach etc.

That should get you going.

Brian.

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Depends what the email software is.
Ie Tbird or a microsoft one.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

I have been an NVDA user for a long time. I think it's great.

I am out of work. Recently my resume was updated but I can't open the
file to read it.

Is there a way using specific commands after clicking on the attachment
to open it and read it? In other words, if I use the arrow keys or tab
through the document, how do I get to access the attachment?

Is there any information about this on www.accessibilitycentral.net?

Thank you for a great screen reader, website and support group.

Sincerely,

Lawrence Stoler

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi, Brian,

Thanks very much for these steps. I was always tabbing until I got to an attachment I wanted to open but now I'll be able to do it with keystrokes.

Rosemarie

On 6/15/2018 11:57 AM, Brian Moore wrote:
Hi. since you are using thunderbird 52.8.0, here are the key strokes.

open the message,
then press alt+m to get to the message menu and then h for attachments.

this will put you in a list of your attachments but it operates like a treeview so use up and down arrow to select the one you want and then press right arrow to get a menu of open, save detach etc.

That should get you going.

Brian.

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

it can be done through the messages menu then attachments.

The short cut is alt key + letter M then letter H then it is a matter of
using the arrow keys down to either open, save etc

Yep is on the page up on my mozilla thunder bird page.

Gene nz