Some NVDA Questions, New User

Hans <lasthans@...>

Hi everyone,
I just recently started using NDA and using the tutorial produced by Joseph Lee, and am on part 5 of it now.  I have discovered a few things I would like to ask about.
First of all, from other users perspective, what is the best web browser to use with NDA?  I know it supports all 3 major browsers, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge, which the tutorial demonstrated all 3, actually 4, as Google Chrome is also supported but wasn’t demonstrated in the tutorial.  I noticed when using Firefox, when a link is encountered, it says Clickable, where Internet Explorer does not.  I haven’t been to a lot of sights but I notice on one sight, www.komando.com where some text under the headings also say Clickable, even though they are not links.  What’s going on here?
Also, how does one navigate FaceBook through all those links at the top of the pages, like Notifications, Friend Requests and all those top notifications?  It is my understanding that there are hot keys in Facebook that can be used.  My wife, who uses Jaws uses the mobile site, m.facebook.com.  I’d like to use the regular FB so I don’t miss out, since I’m used to that one, and on my iPhone as well.

Also, in another NVDA matter, I often hear it say, Ping when starting and I have to hit Windows M for the desktop, or when opening messages in Windows Live Mail or when browsing web sites.  Any idea what that is supposed to mean?

Hans Last
Email: lasthans@...
Twitter: hlast
Skype: hanslast

Rosemarie Chavarria

Hi,

I don't know if there's really a best browser. I mostly use internet explorer but if some sites don't work well with that browser, I'll either use waterfox which is another browser or chrome. I think it's just a matter of preference. You just have to find out what works best for you.

Rosemarie

[...]

David Moore

With Windows 10 1803,

I use Chrome and Edge all the time. IE does very little for me except getting on the Mobile Facebook site, I like IE for Mobile Facebook.

David Moore

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Hi, David,

I'll probably start using chrome more. I like how fast it is compared to internet explorer. I have played with edge a little bit.

Rosemarie

[...]

NVDA works great with Edge, and if you press alt+X on a page, you can down arrow and enter on read out loud, and the Microsoft voice you have set will read the page, and you can do this by getting the page in reading mode first, where all the clutter is gone. It is really getting good, but I still think Chrome is a bit faster. Chrome is my default.

Take care, Rosemarie! I love to see you on the lists!

[...]

I just set chrome as my default browser now. I just played with edge a bit more. Yes, I agree that chrome is a bit faster than edge. Edge is getting good.

Rosemarie

[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Oh some are just that, clickable and they do something which is not actually able to be derived by the screenreader.
Could I also plug Waterfox as a Browser. I have found it far less annoying than Firefox is, and not as lien as Chrome.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-

[...]