Topics

Problem connecting a Hims Braillesense to NVDA

Jackie, I did both soft and hard reset, but did not work, not until I
restarted the computer. You are right, though, that most often a
reset would work.
Nevzat

On 6/21/18, Jackie <abletec@...> wrote:
Folks, sometimes the connections just get messed up w/these displays.
A reset can often help.

On 6/21/18, Nevzat Adil <@Nev> wrote:
Strangely, I am also experiencing the same issue with Braille Edge. It
was fine until today. I go to NVDA menues, click on setting, choose
Braille, and select HIMS Braille but I get the error message that
braille display could not be loaded. When I disconnect the USB cable
and then reconnect I hear no sound. Obviously there is no connection.
What could be the issue? I tried the same with JAWS and I get the same
error message.

On 6/21/18, P. Otter <pam.otter@...> wrote:
that's rather strange, because i've the same braille display.
here it works just fine.
are you sure, there is no problem with the cable or connectors or with
the
display itself?
i'll search for a tool, to test if all is working correctly.
and when you plug in the display on the computer, is there a sound as
usual?
if not, there is realy something wrong.
cheers
paul otter

Op 21-6-2018 om 19:43 schreef Michel Such:

Well, driver removed, machine restarted, and it still does not work.

Michel Such

Le 21/06/2018 à 19:01, P. Otter a écrit :

ok, and don't forget to remove the driver before!!!
cheers
paul otter

Op 21-6-2018 om 15:09 schreef Daniel Hawkins:

hmm, I too have a Braille Sense U2, I installed a driver to get it to
work via usb, but I have not used it in a while. I should check it
out
once I reinstall NVDA on my computer.
Daniel Hawkins
computersassociated@...

On Jun 21, 2018, at 4:46 AM, P. Otter <pam.otter@...> wrote:

hello, yes it is, very strange.
per haps for other screenreaders but not with nvda.
put the usb connector into the computer and choose inside the menu
of
nvda for the hims that's the driver for all of the hims displays
like
smart beetle, or braillesense or what ever.
i know, there are also braille displays they need an installed
driver
before or when you use a bluetooth connection.
but not with hims if connected with usb.
cheers
paul otter

Op 21-6-2018 om 10:46 schreef Michel Such:

Strange, the usr's manual says that a driver is required...

Michel Such

Le 21/06/2018 à 10:29, P. Otter a écrit :

hi, i think, that's the problem he has installed a driver for the
braille sense.
there is no need to install any driver.
he has to go inside the menu of nvda there choose braille and
there
for the hims.
that's all!
he has nothing else to do.
i have the same braillesense and it works fine with the newest
nvda.
so let he remove the installed driver and restart the computer and
retry to connect the display

 as discribed above.
cheers
paul otter

Op 21-6-2018 om 10:03 schreef Michel Such:

Hi,

A user telles me that, with the latest NVDA Version, He cn't
connect
his Braillesense terminal.

He installed the appropriate driver but the terminal is not
recognized.

Has anyone got tnis problem and is there a fix I could suggest
him?

.

Jackie McBride
https://brighter-vision.com

Jackie

[...]

I restarted the computer and the problem is solved. The Braille Edge
now connects with both NVDA and JAWS.
Nevzat

[...]

Ok, Michelle, forgive me for asking a few dumb questions here, but:
1) Have you tried another cable? It could be the cable's bad.
2) Have you tried another port? Same applies, &/or there could be an
incompatibility.
3) Have you tried resetting the BrailleSense? Sometimes these problems
go away w/a reset.

Just thinking out loud, the advice is likely worth what you paid for it.

Then contact HIMS with your problem.

[...]

Davy Cuppens

Then contact HIMS with your problem.

Sent: Thursday, June 21, 2018 7:43 PM

[...]

Ok, I'll tell him to try this way.

Michel Such

Le 21/06/2018 à 11:46, P. Otter a écrit :
[...]

Maybe I should add that he connects his terminal via USB.

Effectively, thru bluetooth, no driver is required.

Michel Such

--

Michel Such