Topics

Why does Braille have to be tethered to the review cursor for cmd or any ssh program?

John J. Boyer

If I don't get an answer I will have to assume that nobody knows.

John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Because there is no updating content on the static screen after a command is implemented and has ended. Its just a dos screen except of course its emulated dos.

The active element is the cursor , not the rest of the screen so the only way to read the rest one supposes is to kind of move your viewing hole around the screen.
That was my understanding but I do not use Braille displays, but the spoken output is the same. IE as its refreshing you hear the output but though review it you need to use other forms of navigation.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

If I don't get an answer I will have to assume that nobody knows.

John

--
John J. Boyer
Email: john.boyer@...
website: http://www.abilitiessoft.org
Location: Madison, Wisconsin, USA
that are available at no cost

John J. Boyer

Why doesn't speech have to be tethered to review?

Thankks,
John

On Fri, Jun 22, 2018 at 09:45:11AM +0100, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Because there is no updating content on the static screen after a command is
implemented and has ended. Its just a dos screen except of course its
emulated dos.

The active element is the cursor , not the rest of the screen so the only
way to read the rest one supposes is to kind of move your viewing hole
around the screen.
That was my understanding but I do not use Braille displays, but the spoken
output is the same. IE as its refreshing you hear the output but though
review it you need to use other forms of navigation.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-