Topics

accessible tv tuner

Richard Kuzma

Good morning,

Has anyone had any luck with any usb tv tuner for your pc.

Thanks

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>

And we do not actually mean the ones that only get internet channels. I understand Googles one is alpha testing a screenreader for it at the moment.
What I'd like is a DVB2 tuner where the software that drives it on a pc is accessible with nvda. Most of the ones I've heard about are very graphic in nature, which is not much good.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-
briang1@blueyonder.co.uk, putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Kuzma via Groups.io" <rmkuzma=aol.com@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 11:51 AM
Subject: [nvda] accessible tv tuner

Good morning,

Thanks

Laughing Thunder

Hi,

You May want to look into a company called Hauppauge. I have the U.S version of one of their USB TV tuners, and I can get it to work with NVDA. The software they ship with is called WinTV, which has many inaccessible interface elements, but also many keyboard shortcuts, which tend to suffice for the most part for me. The Hauppauge tuner I have can also be used with Windows Media Center if you have that.

On 7/20/2016 4:19 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
And we do not actually mean the ones that only get internet channels. I understand Googles one is alpha testing a screenreader for it at the moment.
What I'd like is a DVB2 tuner where the software that drives it on a pc is accessible with nvda. Most of the ones I've heard about are very graphic in nature, which is not much good.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Kuzma via Groups.io" <rmkuzma=aol.com@groups.io>

Good morning,

Thanks

Brian's Mail list account BY <bglists@...>

Hmm, yes well not sure whether a us tuner will work in Europe unless it can decode dvb2 hd signals as gradually the sd channels are being migrated over making older talking boxes no longer able to get the channels moved over.

Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 21, 2016 2:39 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] accessible tv tuner

Hi,

You May want to look into a company called Hauppauge. I have the U.S version of one of their USB TV tuners, and I can get it to work with NVDA. The software they ship with is called WinTV, which has many inaccessible interface elements, but also many keyboard shortcuts, which tend to suffice for the most part for me. The Hauppauge tuner I have can also be used with Windows Media Center if you have that.

On 7/20/2016 4:19 AM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Kuzma via Groups.io" <rmkuzma=aol.com@groups.io>

Good morning,

Thanks