From: "Richard Kuzma via Groups.io" <rmkuzma=aol.com@groups.io>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, July 19, 2016 11:51 AM
Subject: [nvda] accessible tv tuner

Good morning,

Has anyone had any luck with any usb tv tuner for your pc.

Thanks

Laughing Thunder

Hi,

You May want to look into a company called Hauppauge. I have the U.S version of one of their USB TV tuners, and I can get it to work with NVDA. The software they ship with is called WinTV, which has many inaccessible interface elements, but also many keyboard shortcuts, which tend to suffice for the most part for me. The Hauppauge tuner I have can also be used with Windows Media Center if you have that.

And we do not actually mean the ones that only get internet channels. I understand Googles one is alpha testing a screenreader for it at the moment.
What I'd like is a DVB2 tuner where the software that drives it on a pc is accessible with nvda. Most of the ones I've heard about are very graphic in nature, which is not much good.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-