Topics

Windows 10 accessibility tools list at logon

Dan Beaver

Hi,

A while back I reported that Windows had started showing me a list of accessibility tools every time I logged onto my system.  This was happening ever since Windows updated to the latest spring update.

I also reported that I turned off all my plug-ins and that the multiple daily freezes I was seeing had gone away.  Well I am very glad to announce that the accessibility tool list popup has now also stopped showing up at logon.  It looks like perhaps something in one of them was causing a condition where windows thought it needed to show me those tools.

Yes, I did try the suggestions folks posted to stop this behavior but none of those helped.

When I get the time to start turning my plug-ins on again I'll let you all know which ones cause these behaviors again.  I have checked and all of my plug-ins do appear to be up to date.

Dan Beaver

Hmmm, well if you find out what is doing  what you can probably report it, by the time you find out a manual check will probably yeald an update, I had a similar issue with my win10 workstation a little while ago after a feature update.

All things were updated, the automatics said nothing at all.

I updated, the system did not start.

I plugged it in and it did start but with a display problem.

I reloaded the display drivers the last one I had and it worked.

I then did a check for the drivers in the usual automated way and there were updates but I thought I'd check manually.

And found a lot were never detected, in fact just about everything from the bios to the firmware was not updated, no wander I was having issues.

I wouldn't trust my updater fully ever again.

Sometimes updaters can give updates for the wrong hardware to intel did that for a while but has fixed itself.

On 6/23/2018 12:02 AM, Dan Beaver wrote:
[...]

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Do you have a list?
I'm thinking focus highlight golden cursor might have some impact. I'm not entirely sure though as I thought that screen was instigated before the main loading of nvda.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

[...]

Yes even on windows 7, about three months ago there was an update from Intel, though I never actually knew what it did, I had to re hide it in the tray.