From: "Supanut Leepaisomboon" <supanut2000@outlook.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2016 8:41 AM
Subject: [nvda] 'private button' on reply forms on list

Hi all,

Recently, I noticed the 'private button' when replying to posts here on this list. What does this button do exactly?

Oh, I see. I'm using the web interface, that's why I noticed that button.

Supanut,

           This button is the replacement for the former "Send to Sender" button.  Most other venues use the term "Private Message" or "Direct Message" to respond "off-list" to the person who posted a given message rather than replying to the group.  After many long discussions in the Beta group for groups.io the use of a Private button, physically distant on the screen from the "Reply to Group" and "Discard" buttons, was chosen as the way to go.

            I also use the web interface far more frequently than e-mail (which I generally only use if I'm doing testing).

Ah, I see now. Thanks for the info.