NVDA 2016.2.1 does not install some addons from official addons website completely

J.G

Hi,

here is description of problem:

when i downloaded addons from addons.nvda-project.org to my computer and opened chosen addons, nvda made as usual. Then I restart nvda, but in Addon manager addon status was "install" and now I cannot use some of addons. These are: ControlUsageAssistant, FocusHighlight, Ocr, PlaceMarkers SystrayList and Wirtual revision.

What could be wrong?

Thanks, Jožef

Are these the ones you just downloaded or ones that were there before. Also if they were there before which version of nvda was running at the time?
I have found at times that I've had to delete and reinstall add ons if there has been an nvda update in between. Its not always the case but sometimes. My guess is that some settings got screwed with or something.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-

when i downloaded addons from addons.nvda-project.org to my computer and opened chosen addons, nvda made as usual. Then I restart nvda, but in Addon manager addon status was "install" and now I cannot use some of addons. These are: ControlUsageAssistant, FocusHighlight, Ocr, PlaceMarkers SystrayList and Wirtual revision.

What could be wrong?

Thanks, Jožef

David Moore

Hi,
I am having a problem with Golden Cursor, my favorite add on by far. Yesterday, it stopped moving the mouse pointer when pressing the arrow keys. Everything else with it works, like reporting the position where the mouse pointer is. I uninstalled it, and installed it again, and it still will not move the mouse around the screen with the arrow keys. I tried version 1.1, and the development version, and they both do this. I was using the mouse 50 percent of the time, just by moving the mouse pointer with the arrow keys. Let me know if any of you are experiencing this problem, and if so, have you been able to fix it some way.
Take care, guys,
David Moore

when i downloaded addons from addons.nvda-project.org to my computer and
opened chosen addons, nvda made as usual. Then I restart nvda, but in Addon
manager addon status was "install" and now I cannot use some of addons.
These are: ControlUsageAssistant, FocusHighlight, Ocr, PlaceMarkers
SystrayList and Wirtual revision.

What could be wrong?

Thanks, Jožef

Kenny Dog <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi

I wonder if some how you have restricted where the mouse goes. I was
just looking through the commands and saw these 2.

I do not use the mouse hardly and when I do now I use a touch pad, so it
moves the pointer to where my finger is.

The commands are below.

nvda+win+c: select the level of movement. nvda+win+r: toggle mouse
restriction.

it might be a matter of unrestricting what theyare set to.

Gene nz

-----Original Message----- From: Brian's Mail list account
Sent: Saturday, July 23, 2016 5:17 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA 2016.2.1 does not install some addons from

----- Original Message ----- From: "J.G" <jozko.gregorc@gmail.com>
when i downloaded addons from addons.nvda-project.org to my computer and
opened chosen addons, nvda made as usual. Then I restart nvda, but in
Addon
manager addon status was "install" and now I cannot use some of addons.
These are: ControlUsageAssistant, FocusHighlight, Ocr, PlaceMarkers
SystrayList and Wirtual revision.

What could be wrong?

Thanks, Jožef

David Moore

Hi,
Thanks a lot, but I do have Golden cursor unrestricted, and I can't get the Windows+NVDA+C to work either so I can change the movement. I have a touch pad as well, but I cannot control the mouse pointer movement like I can with Golden cursor. Are there changes that I could make with my touch pad so that it would follow my finger better?
Thanks for getting back with me.
David Moore

when i downloaded addons from addons.nvda-project.org to my computer and
opened chosen addons, nvda made as usual. Then I restart nvda, but in
Addon
manager addon status was "install" and now I cannot use some of addons.
These are: ControlUsageAssistant, FocusHighlight, Ocr, PlaceMarkers
SystrayList and Wirtual revision.

What could be wrong?

Thanks, Jožef

Chris Mullins

Do the settings in the NVDA+Ctrl+m make any difference?

Cheers
Chris