From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Jaffar Sidek
Sent: Friday, June 22, 2018 5:48 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] firefox not among browser apps listed in settings/default apps

Hi all.  I have Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox  in the list of web browsers installed on my desktop pc.  Yet when I go to settings to set my default browser, Firefox isn't listed among the browsers installed as listed above.  How can I change this?  I am running windows 10.  Cheers!

I had this same problem.
What I did was change it manually with the associate protocols option, which I don't know if it's showed this way in native English.
Anyway, you can try to do it and see if it gives you some result.
Em 22/06/2018 21:48, Jaffar Sidek escreveu:

Hi all.  I have Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge and Mozilla Firefox  in the list of web browsers installed on my desktop pc.  Yet when I go to settings to set my default browser, Firefox isn't listed among the browsers installed as listed above.  How can I change this?  I am running windows 10.  Cheers!

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

I seem to recall that in the newer versions of Firefox, if you run it you can set it as default in the options, but since windows 10 changes so often, who knows if it actually will still work.
You normally find a section for setting default programs has a OTHER option and you can then browse to the item you want to point it to.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

The only way to do this would be go into the registry and delete the registry entries for Firefox. I could be wrong.