Topics

firefox quantum and capcha's

P. Otter

hello all,
now we have firefox 60 but before there was rumola, you have to pay for it, no problem but it is no longer usable in firefox q.
also there was webvisum, but the same trouble!
it no longer works with ff quantum.
is there a solution to solve this problem as far you know?
cheers
paul otter

bob jutzi <jutzi1@...>

And if one exists, why do we need to pay for it?
Paying to solve Captias? It just doesn't seem right.

On 6/24/2018 10:24 AM, P. Otter wrote:
hello all,
now we have firefox 60 but before there was rumola, you have to pay for it, no problem but it is no longer usable in firefox q.
also there was webvisum, but the same trouble!
it no longer works with ff quantum.
is there a solution to solve this problem as far you know?
cheers
paul otter

bob jutzi <jutzi1@...>

Actually, just had an idea for those of us with iPhones. We could always use Be My Eyes, and have someone read the captia. Just a thought.

On 6/24/2018 10:24 AM, P. Otter wrote:
hello all,
now we have firefox 60 but before there was rumola, you have to pay for it, no problem but it is no longer usable in firefox q.
also there was webvisum, but the same trouble!
it no longer works with ff quantum.
is there a solution to solve this problem as far you know?
cheers
paul otter

P. Otter

yes, you're right, but that was the only way to solve capcha's!
before we had webvisum, it was for free, but no body is working with it to update.
I can tell you, in firefox there was the add-on called webvisum, but it was a long, long time ago that it was updated.
now we don't can use it anymore unfortunately!

Op 24-6-2018 om 16:33 schreef bob jutzi:

And if one exists, why do we need to pay for it?
Paying to solve Captias?  It just doesn't seem right.

On 6/24/2018 10:24 AM, P. Otter wrote:
hello all,
now we have firefox 60 but before there was rumola, you have to pay for it, no problem but it is no longer usable in firefox q.
also there was webvisum, but the same trouble!
it no longer works with ff quantum.
is there a solution to solve this problem as far you know?
cheers
paul otter

P. Otter

yes that's true, but there are sometimes fields I have filled with information that other people can see also!
so i hope there is a way to solve the capcha's without sighted help.
but in other situations it is usable!
cheers
paul otter

Op 24-6-2018 om 16:35 schreef bob jutzi:

Actually, just had an idea for those of us with iPhones.  We could always use Be My Eyes, and have someone read the captia.  Just a thought.

On 6/24/2018 10:24 AM, P. Otter wrote:
hello all,
now we have firefox 60 but before there was rumola, you have to pay for it, no problem but it is no longer usable in firefox q.
also there was webvisum, but the same trouble!
it no longer works with ff quantum.
is there a solution to solve this problem as far you know?
cheers
paul otter

.

Kevin <kleeva5@...>

You know be my eyes there’s a person on the other side, so your actually making a phone call and they’ll solve your captcha .  but you gotta trust this if your accessing sensitive data, do you trust someone you don’t even know?

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Actually, just had an idea for those of us with iPhones.  We could

always use Be My Eyes, and have someone read the captia.  Just a thought.

On 6/24/2018 10:24 AM, P. Otter wrote:

> hello all,

> now we have firefox 60 but before there was rumola, you have to pay for

> it, no problem but it is no longer usable in firefox q.

> also there was webvisum, but the same trouble!

> it no longer works with ff quantum.

> is there a solution to solve this problem as far you know?

> cheers

> paul otter

bob jutzi <jutzi1@...>

That should be easy.
Our bank doesn't require captia, but if it's sites such as banks you are referring to, sensitive information isn't displayed until after logging in.  You could always have the caller read the captia then terminate the call prior to logging in.  The captia is then invalid.

On 6/24/2018 11:32 AM, Kevin wrote:

You know be my eyes there’s a person on the other side, so your actually making a phone call and they’ll solve your captcha .  but you gotta trust this if your accessing sensitive data, do you trust someone you don’t even know?

E-mail is golden!!!
Kevin Lee

Actually, just had an idea for those of us with iPhones.  We could

always use Be My Eyes, and have someone read the captia.  Just a thought.

On 6/24/2018 10:24 AM, P. Otter wrote:

> hello all,

> now we have firefox 60 but before there was rumola, you have to pay for

> it, no problem but it is no longer usable in firefox q.

> also there was webvisum, but the same trouble!

> it no longer works with ff quantum.

> is there a solution to solve this problem as far you know?

> cheers

> paul otter

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Ironically consult a spammer, I have been on lists protected by these only to see spam in them, this we have to assume that security is not any longer assured using them. The sooner the industry wakes up and ditches them, and the audio incomprehensible version the better for all. I have sighted friends who just cannot solve these either.
Shambles and other such descriptions come to mind. Vote with your key and go to another more attuned site. Sooner or later they will get the message.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

now we have firefox 60 but before there was rumola, you have to pay for it, no problem but it is no longer usable in firefox q.
also there was webvisum, but the same trouble!
it no longer works with ff quantum.
is there a solution to solve this problem as far you know?
cheers
paul otter

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

Its not since obviously the spammers solve them already.
My other work around is to keep a special old browser that the software will run on to use oven such sites then blitz them with moans if you can get in.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

And if one exists, why do we need to pay for it?
Paying to solve Captias? It just doesn't seem right.

On 6/24/2018 10:24 AM, P. Otter wrote:
hello all,
now we have firefox 60 but before there was rumola, you have to pay for it, no problem but it is no longer usable in firefox q.
also there was webvisum, but the same trouble!
it no longer works with ff quantum.
is there a solution to solve this problem as far you know?
cheers
paul otter

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

As with the thread on lack of accessibility. Yes there is always a work around, but as an advocate of justice for all, I still feel that if nobody takes a stand, nothing will change.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'

Actually, just had an idea for those of us with iPhones. We could always use Be My Eyes, and have someone read the captia. Just a thought.

On 6/24/2018 10:24 AM, P. Otter wrote:
hello all,
now we have firefox 60 but before there was rumola, you have to pay for it, no problem but it is no longer usable in firefox q.
also there was webvisum, but the same trouble!
it no longer works with ff quantum.
is there a solution to solve this problem as far you know?
cheers
paul otter

Well what I do not understand is that there are other ways to handle capchas.

The logical fill in the blank or the math question capcha, true a bot could do this to but its a random question so hmmm we can read it.

On 6/25/2018 9:21 PM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
Ironically consult a spammer, I have been on lists protected by these only to see spam in them, this we have to assume that security is not any longer assured using them. The sooner the industry wakes up and ditches them, and the audio incomprehensible version the better for all. I have sighted friends who just cannot solve these either.
Shambles and  other such descriptions come to mind. Vote with your key and go to another more attuned site. Sooner or later they will get the message.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-